• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hanriot HD2

rob hart

The USN obtained 26 Hanriot HD2 seaplane fighters in 1918. After the armistice, 10 of the remaining aircraft were shipped to the USA and converted to landplanes. They were used to fly off ramps atop the number 2 main gun turrets of the battleships USS Texas and USS Mississippi. The Hanriots played a significant role in the development of the USN's aircraft carriers. My model represents an aircraft stationed at North Island (San Diego) that flew off the USS Mississippi.

Eduard Profipack kit with the following additions/modifications:

Vector Clerget engine
Gaspatch guns
Scratchbuilt pulsometer
Eduard instruments (that correctly stand proud of the IP instead of recessed as comes in the kit)
Scratchbuilt ammo feed chutes and housing
Eduard pre-painted seatbelts

Not a really exciting color and markings scheme, but kind of pretty on the already good looking Hanriot.

Rob! Wow, long time no see! Hope all is well. Glad you're back around and great looking build!! (y)

I'm fine now. I had some health issues a few years ago and kind of dropped out for a while. I retired last year and have been building some models. I thought I would try and see if my old logon worked, When it did I decided to post some recent builds.

I'm fine now. I had some health issues a few years ago and kind of dropped out for a while. I retired last year and have been building some models. I thought I would try and see if my old logon worked, When it did I decided to post some recent builds.

That's great, glad you're back at it. Here's to your health and retirement. :drinks

Back