• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Classic Airframes Avro Anson

Old Dog

Putting this in as a place holder as I probably won't start it right away unless the rain continues to dampen my outdoor activities.

The kit...

ansonbox.jpg

And the obligatory time stamp

ansonts1.jpg

ansonts2.jpg

:rotf
You sure are getting your money's worth out of that phone Gary (y)

Looking forward to your start. :mpup

Yep, I'm a cheap bastard and I like my privacy, no voice mail, no texting, no camera. I use it more for time stamps than for making calls. But it only costs me $100 a year, my Brother spends almost that much a month for his high end phone.

Putting this in as a place holder as I probably won't start it right away unless the rain continues to dampen my outdoor activities.

The kit...

ansonbox.jpg

And the obligatory time stamp

ansonts1.jpg

ansonts2.jpg

Darn Gary I though that was a picture of my phone .

You must be a man after my own heart :good: If it ain't broke don't fix it.. :coolio

and it still makes any phone calls I might need to make :good: Cheers, Christian B)

Dave this will be a pretty much boring OOB build including the kit markings. Having been in production for 34 years with 10,996 aircraft being produced the possible markings are mind boggling but the kit supplied ones by Microscale will suit me fine. My review of the kit is here Anson Review

My supply of Floquil reefer yellow is gone, White Ensign Models yellow isn't bad but hard to come by these days,so I'm avoiding yellow where ever possible.

Well folks, you know me, always procrastinating and here I am in a scramble to finish. Actually I have been working on this over the past month but it has been slow going. Seemingly endless amounts of delicate resin that needed cut free and cleaned up. To take breaks from that I got the wings and tails assembled so lets see where I am at currently...

Control panel done and ready to install...

ansonb1.jpg

The instructions have you put the port side of the interior in first and here is a couple shots of that...

ansonb2.jpg

ansonb3.jpg

The starboard side wall ready to install...

ansonb4.jpg

The turret structure gave me some fits and true to form the instructions weren't much help...

ansonb5.jpg

ansonb6.jpg

The engines looked a bit naked without push rods but since only the lower portion would be seen, that's all I added...

ansonb7.jpg

And as I mentioned earlier the wings and tail are together.

ansonb8.jpg

So far fit has been good for a Classic Airframes kit, I'm hoping it stays that way.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned...

Lookin' great Gary! The IP looks especially good!

I know there's a lot of resin in that kit! Nice job!

:popcorn

Back