• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Classic Airframes Avro Anson

A floquil man, I'll see if I have any Gary, some of my suppliers still carry old stock, I haven't tried the Tru-color line yet but I think they are doing the railroad colors :hmmm :idonno (y)

With the fuselage together a few last shots of the completed cockpit with framing structure before it gets covered with the greenhouse parts...

ansonb09.jpg

ansonb10.jpg

ansonb11.jpg

ansonb12.jpg

Hopefully the next posting will have the wings and tails installed and ready for paint.

Thanks for looking !

That really looks Nice Gary ....Definitely jealous :drool

Me too. Having seen 'ours' flying a couple of times, I have to say it's surprisingly impressive. Looking at this build, so far it appears to have given you relatively few problems, would that be right ??

Ian.

Ian, this is probably one of CA's better kits and the fit has been pretty good, as a limited run kit it still suffers from vague instructions and a few parts with little in the way of location info and some interference fits. The resin for the framework fortunately had some give to it otherwise I would have made a mess of it.

Colors are on and now the race begins, 12 hours to cure the paint puts me at clear coat Monday morning and minimal cure time for that has me putting decals on late Monday or early Tuesday which gives me what ever time is left to do the weathering, flat coat and fiddly bits...it's going to be close !

ansonb13.jpg

Looks very good Gary, looks like You & I are going down to the wire together the Moth is drying also, good luck, sounds like your going to make it. :pilot

OK, finished with hours to spare ! We need an icon wiping sweat from his brow ! I gotta stop doing this, too much stress knowing one oops means not getting it done on time. Anyway here she is warts and all...

ansonb14.jpg

ansonb15.jpg

ansonb16.jpg

ansonb17.jpg

ansonb18.jpg

ansonb19.jpg

ansonb20.jpg

My loop antenna had a bit of a twist to it but I was afraid to try straightening it as it was so delicate. I'm calling it bird strike damage :D The PE aileron and elevator trim tab actuator parts were a real test. I had an Eduard mask set for this kit but they only supplied the forward cockpit masks for the later version so I had to mask it the hard way.

Thanks for looking !

Man, those decals really made this bird stand out (y) (y) (y)

Bummer about the mask or lack there of :sick:

Good job Gary . Cheers, Christian B)

Back