• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Bf-109Z (Planet Models)

Okay, whether or not the Germans actually built one, I'm going to go with this.

Bf_109.jpg

I had thought about one of the Bf-109W mod kits I have but I'll wait and do one of those later. I've been looking for an excuse to build this one!

Last edited:
Got that covered John, I have this one in the stash and a conversion set as well but I'll save them for another time!
If you have two Bf 109W conversions and or kits, and the Bf 109Zwilling was never completed, why not combine them into a Bf 109ZW? It can't be any less realistic than a 'production' Bf 109Z. Imagine a Bv 138 boomed tail but with only two engines and floats instead of a boat body! :p:

If you go with it, the floats should incorporate the guns used in the R6 conversion. note that this drawing used a Bf 109G-2 instead of the Bf 109F-4 fuselages used to vuild the prototype that was destroyed suring a bombing raid prior to completion.

Bf109Z_3Seiten_neu.jpg

Regards,

Hummm.... sounds interesting Saul but I think I'll pass on that. The Halberd kits were a little pricey, and I do want to build a W version in the future (or 2).

That sounds like a project best for a couple 1/72 109W kits!

So here's the kit, an all resin one from Planet Models. The kit has around 64 parts, the main bodies come as 1 piece and it looks like I have a little crack in my tailplane I'll have to repair. It has a vac canopy but I might replace that with a plastic one from my spare box.

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4895.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

Yeah, I was surprised too when I got the kit. It seems to share some similarities with the Hasegawa kit but in a way kinda nice that it is all 1 piece. It's quite the mold, might have to re-scribe some panel lines and will definitely have to clean things up a bit.

The cockpit is a little sparse, but not too bad

1.jpg

Drop tanks, intakes and canon pods

2.jpg

landing gear!

3.jpg

exhausts and props.....the resin is nice!

4.jpg

The outer wings fit fairly well too but are going to require some work.

5.jpg

and the spare canopy I had in the spares box fits like a glove so I'll use that (because I only go with vac canopies when I have to!).

6.jpg

Last edited:
Was going to start on the pit of this last weekend but realized my superglue wasn't so super anymore! Some more is on order!

Got most of the pieces cleaned up from the resin blocks though. Baby steps! I found a clear Hasegawa gun sight I'm going to use.

6.jpg

Back