• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Bell P-400 Airacobra

nerdling

Decided to start this one while I wait for paint to dry on the Avenger. Building the class Monogram kit as the bird on the box.

IMG_5034.JPG

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5036.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

Found a set of True Details photoetch stuff awhile back. Had no idea they even made pe stuff.

Been slowly plugging away on this while I was building the Avenger. But with the turkey done now I can really get going on this one.

IMG_5058.JPG

Nose gear with all the PE attached.

IMG_5060.JPG

Cockpit is all done. I painted it medium green since it was the closest thing I had to Bell green.

IMG_5061.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG

Need a little touchup on the panel but overall looks pretty good. Straight from the box this kit would still look very nice for something that is almost 40 years old.

When I first got back into modeling in 06/07, seems like it was all the buzz about the aircobras, maybe some new releases or something. I've wanted to build one since but just haven't got around to it. Father-in-Law who served in the USAAF said it was the best looking fighter we had, I wasn't going to argue the point cause I wasn't there...:pilot

Go Ryan :popcorn

Got her all buttoned up and now it is time for Sand, Putty and repeat.

IMG_5069.JPG

IMG_5070.JPG

Nice gaps in both joints. Shouldn't be to hard to fix though.

IMG_5071.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

Even with the gaps it is still better then that C-45 I did awhile back.

That last pic goes well with the aircraft name ! Hell's Bells !!!

that is one nasty join there.

Attack Ryan!!

Back