• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Albatros D.III - Done

Gator

Here's my 1/48 Albatros D.III I'm building for our club's bi-plane contest. I picked up Eduard's pe for the kit also.

Here's the work on the seat.

seat.jpg

Engine work with the beginning of wiring it.

engine.jpg

Cockpit details.

cockpit_1.jpg

Re: 1/48 Albatros D.III

Great start Kenny. little out of your element ain't ya pal?

:popcorn
Variety is the spice of life Pup. And my eyes need a rest from 1/700. B)

Had to take a break from the build yesterday as I worked on our club's website. Got back at it today. I came up with a better plan for the wiring and worked on it today. Here is the engine finished and ready for another coat of primer.

engine_2.jpg

I used a smaller piece of styrene rod for the wire run and a slightly larger rod for the distributor. I drilled through the .030 rod with a #80 bit and then threaded the wire through the holes to make the wiring loom. Six holes were drilled in the end of a larger rod for the distributor. I took six pies of wire and clamped them in a hemostat and then twisted one end and superglued it. I then took the other end of the wires and fed them through the holes in the distributor and glued them in place. I snipped the wires on the back side of the distributor and cut the twisted end to length. I took the finished part and glued it into place.

Yeah!! Now that's what I like to see.

(y)

YEEEAAAH!!! A WWI subject. Nice work. What kind of camera are you using to get those extreme closeups?

Alrighty. Finally got some bench time and got some paint on the Albatros.

right_fuselage.jpg

left_fuselage.jpg

seat%7E0.jpg

engine%7E0.jpg

ricky.jpg

Everything is photographed with a Kodak EazyShare Z710 Rob.

Gator the bird is looking great. And that figure WOW!!!

Terry B)

Thanks guys. Terry, that is Model Cellar's Richthofen. I'm going to try to paint him using only washes.

What scale is the figure? Please keep us updated on how the painting with washes goes. I'm interested in any 'how to' on painting small scale figures.

That is some cool SBS, Kenny! I have several of those Citadel colors and washes, going to have to give it a try. Looking smashing on the Albatros! (y)

Well, things have settled down around home enough to where I could work on the Albatros. Here's where I am after two day's work.

photo_28229.JPG

photo_28329.JPG

I need to have it finished for our club meeting on Thursday.

Back