• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Albatros D.III - Done

Re: 1/48 Albatros D.III

Very nice Kenny. I must be the only builder in here thqat can't build an airplane in a week's time.

Cheers. Christian B)

You and me both Christian. It takes me a week just to get rid of the fuselage seam. :(

Thanks, I know I am very slow but that makes me feel better. I use to be way faster but it seems more of a challenge now days. :fencing :fencing :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

far easier to see in that scale. Might I suggest http://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/ for the buckles and eyelets, major help when I rigged the Pup.

B) Great Work. That engine wiring in 1/48 is pretty edgy! It's hard enough in 1/32nd.
The figure you have picked is one of the best I have seen I think - I can't wait to see this finished.

Ian.

Nice work, good luck on getting it done on time. Be sure to post pics of the finished model.

Thanks everyone. I did have it finished but couldn't make the meeting. The club did extend the deadline til next month because a couple of other guys didn't have their ready. Today, I carefully removed the upper wing and did some touch ups and put a red wash over the fuselage and tail insignias. I also started the figure. It's from Model Cellar who does outstanding WWI figures.

albatros.jpg

Here's the figure. It's all washes, either from Citadel or Vallejo.

red_baron.jpg

Le Petite Rouge is done. Comments encouraged and welcomed.

Le_Petite_Rouge_1.jpg

Le_Petite_Rouge_2.jpg

Le_Petite_Rouge_3.jpg

Le_Petite_Rouge_4.jpg

Looks cool. The figure is fantastic. I have to say I've never seen the German cross tinted though. Very nice work (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Outstanding, nice touch with the tinted cross. James with the Baron first had his Albatros painted red it was not thick enough to cover the black and white crosses, later schemes repainted the insignias.

Nailed it Kenny! (y):

James, this was von Richthofen's first all red plane. Both of his D.IIIs and one of his D.Vs had both the fuselage markings painted over. He had two D.IIIs and two D.Vs before he was wounded in the head. All but one of these aircraft also had the markings on the upper wing painted over. I have the Aces Profiles #3 that cover all the aircraft von Richthofen flew or flew in.

Back