• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A Done!

1/48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A

Well not really sure if I am happy with the colors or not. But oh well. This is just one of those builds that seems to want to fight you. :bang head I used Vallejo Dark Earth and Color of Eagles US Green 42. Which I think is a medium green.

IMG_7589.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

Brown looks fine to my eye, but the green :hmmm .... I'll see if I can Google-Up (copyright) some contemporary pics.

Ian

Yeah that was my thought also. It looks too light to me. But oh well I'll just say it was painted with Dupont paint and not British stocks :rotf Maybe I will try Tamiya dark green next time.

he7a6345.jpg

This is the only other contemporary photo I could find at the moment... A good comparison may be the series of photos of P-400's & Hudsons painted with DuPont equivalent colours ??

h1161a0f.jpg

h6d64d40.jpg

Ian

I think I'm going to quit using these dang Vallejo paints for this camo scheme lol. Love their stuff but the callouts for british stuff just doesn't seem right. Think I will try Tamiya flat earth and dark green next time to be honest.

I think those are A-36 's since they have the speed brakes . Seems to me the P-51A had no speed brakes.

Nice pictures though . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Well I'm calling her done. Not one of my best builds but the dang thing fought me every step of the way. Also not really sure if I care for an exposed engine. I mean it looks different but there is something about a mustang with a naked front end that just looks odd :rotf Also noticed a few touchups that I need to do. They always show up so well in photos :bang head

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG

IMG_7602.JPG

Back