• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 waterline Uboot type II

CLICiVb.gif

Oil wash , dark grey on top and a lighter grey on the side to accent the mortar,
Bollards in position (not glued in yet)

h3948420.JPG

ha784dc1.JPG

haece6fb.JPG

h269ee0e.JPG

h8506833.JPG

I know you are on your new project Piet, are you coming back to this anytime soon?
The boat is 99% finished..... only need to ad the cables that run from the bow over the bridge to the aft ,
Tried several ways to do it but still not happy how it looks,it is not just threading a wire through the insulators,
i will figure it out (than i can start weathering )👍

The boat is 99% finished..... only need to ad the cables that run from the bow over the bridge to the aft ,
Tried several ways to do it but still not happy how it looks,it is not just threading a wire through the insulators,
i will figure it out (than i can start weathering )👍
I've noticed there are new products out there. Mig Ammo has various size rigging line targetting ship building and Modelkasten has some stretch wire.

Found a ship building forum that bragged about the metal wire producing a more natural sag to the lines.
At $25 for 5m, i'll wait for your report. 🍿

These wires are smooth ,i have some nice twisted wire that is not the problem its all the other thingies that go with the insulators and rope .
thanks for the link i found something else i could use (y) for that

Last edited:
Back