• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 V-1 with launch ramp

Piet

Finally got it !
1899028146.jpg

The ramp is basic ,the V-1Flying bomb is realy nice !

The launch ramp is 3 sections to short ! and missing the vital end part that You need on a oprational launch ramp.
Got another kit on its way for the extra sections .

I have a few books on the subject
V1 007.jpg

So i allready made the end part , i got as close i could get / see it (is has the function as a muzzle brake on a gun )
Build it from evegreen strip and primmed black .

V1 005.jpg

V1 003.jpg

The undersides of the ramp sections in the kit where closed up So i had to adress this to all the kit's five sections (still need to do three )
V1 001.jpg

Thats it for today.

Last edited:
Very cool. I have been waiting for these to come out. Good to know you need 2 to make 1, but then you have an extra display model. Neat looking books. I added one to my shopping cart. Looking forward to seeing this come together and any thoughts you have on the build.
James

A BIG ! thanks for the link, never came across this one .....some interesting and helpful pics:good:

I went by this one in France
c.png
d.png

And i take it that TAKOM went with the IWM Duxford version ,but forgot to give you the end section .
e.jpg

large_000000.jpg

Read in a book (osprey) meteor vs V-1 ,
They came in sections of 6 or eight, but all the other books say 8 sections, I went with eight,

Realy like the wooden crane to assemble the catapult sections,
from the link you posted.

And if i can more info on the crane ,i deffently give it a try
vw0056_b.jpg

Last edited:
Dig the directional arrow on the side. Are we cutting sprue yet Piet?
Most is already build and it got it first layers of paint ,
Building this for my brother,
He wants a non weatherd display model, i keep this one basic
I wil post more Pics when its done ,
pkiopk 009.jpg

v1 001.jpg

4rhyu5trju 001.jpg

When i start building my own i wil make a thread about it ,

Cant get that wooden assambley crane out of my modelbuilding mind ,

Need more infomation or i just wing it from the one Picture .
vw0056_b.jpg

Nice work so far Piet, looking to get this kit soon. I have the Accurate Armour resin kit and it comes with only 3 sections but they sell a set with the remaining sections if you want the complete ramp.

Attachments

• 20220819_124259.jpg
    20220819_124259.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 13
Back