• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tiger I Early Production Battle of Kharkov

Spent a few hours working on the tow cables. Port side is in “regulation” storage, while the starboard will be deployed. Cable is Eureka and the tie downs are again MJ.
D5510B04-45E6-4D49-ACAC-0D0CE68D3C81.jpeg
BF27191D-2040-47E7-B474-E67CA0912BAB.jpeg
E66EC544-C109-4368-86B7-59F26D709C46.jpeg

I have a set of those tool clamps as well. They look really good. Are you using CA glue or model glue to fix them to the hull?
Yep. I wish there was a better glue. I am wondering if a viscous light-cured composite material we use in dentistry would work.

Last edited:
Are the tracks attached or you got it set where you can pull them off and paint them?

Looks awesome, big, heavy!

Beautiful work John.:vgood:. I just got a couple of sets of those clamps from MJ as well, glad to see they fit ok. I am also buying some really fine 3d printed UBOAT stuff as well. It seems to be the way things are going. They just need to get the cost down a little more.

Ian

Now that's a perty kitty! Still amazes me how you can not get any glue marks anywhere on this kit. "Ya killin me Smalls, ya killin me!"

Now that's a perty kitty! Still amazes me how you can not get any glue marks anywhere on this kit. "Ya killin me Smalls, ya killin me!"
Two secrets to no glue marks:
1. Tamiya extra thin applied sparingly
2. 0000 steel wool to polish any small mishaps

Back