• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Tiger I Early Production Battle of Kharkov

I like the Snowman but with kids playing around it. Since this is a operational Tiger...not snow much with frosty.
I do really like the two figurers you picked out.
:victory:

05E0AD98-4EAC-4736-8401-224BE7ABD3EE.jpeg
54DB0813-F175-4FA0-8EE6-657FFE9095C3.jpeg
D93C065A-9FA8-4F5B-B8DA-3EC29F715F34.jpeg
F66DC1BE-9B2C-4785-8340-FB5507C1AF9E.jpeg
307BAAAF-1115-41C3-9AB0-3E9C9EA333AA.jpeg

Been bustin my hump trying to fill that space behind the tank, I tried a Stalingrad sled, too big, and other farm things, but this is not a farm house. What do you think of the heavy hedge? I have figures coming that will be taking cover behind the tank and fill that area.

I like that you're trying to fill in stuff but I gotta ask, where exactly are they going with that ladder?

MJ Miniatures tool clamps just blow the DML ones outa da water, and are more to scale and easier to use than photo-etch and oh so yummy too!
4384D19C-F592-4BD8-AC03-FFA5F1AB8F27.jpeg
C7F8B4DA-F251-46A9-8218-7D9F2D96AF0F.jpeg

Those clamps are a definite improvement. The ladder, even with a bird house doesn't work to my thinking. Hedge does.

Love those clamps!
I get you want something in that corner, how about downspout and rain barrel, with some battle damage?
Or is that done too often?

Last edited:
Love those clamps!
I get you want something in that corner, how about downspout and rain barrel, with some battle damage?
Or is that done too often?
It’s end of February beginning of March, so rain barrel not so much. As I was working on the house I made some Ukrainian rain heads, fancy down spouts and rain collection systems, I felt they took away from the gingerbread, so left them as prototypes.

I dont think it needs the field gun in the foreground. It detracts from the tank which is the subject ? the hedge works but lengthen it and have the last bit flat and crushed into the ground with the track marks over it. Its about tying the individual bits to each other to bring them together

Thanks for the input. GD retook Bohodukhiv, a town of 15,000 on March 11, 1943. Between March 14 and 15 in and around the town of Borisovka, a town of 13,000, between Kharkov and Belgorod, GD knocked out 48 Soviet tanks in fierce fighting. The presence of the destroyed AT Gun is important to tell this story.

Apologies, i didn't realise it was specific event. i was just commenting from an simple aesthetic angle.

I am sure the field gun will not appear quite as prominent once all the weathering and other stuff has been placed on the base and it is finished. So far so good John!
thumbs up.gif

Apologies, i didn't realise it was specific event. i was just commenting from an simple aesthetic angle.
There is no need to apologize. I appreciate the feedback always, I was just explaining to you why I felt it was important to include it. It will be partially buried in the mud and snow. Not sure but I may include a snow-covered soviet who lost his battle, but I'm not sure as I tend to stay away from stuff like that.

Front end details. The MJ clamps are super nice, but the wire cutter and small shovel need to be cut to allow the clamps to slide on, then re-glued, before attaching to the hull.

98333566-0027-4B24-8526-29D82F8AF6F2.jpeg
19A28F3C-35B6-48A5-837E-5278F02FCDE0.jpeg

Back