• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 AFV Club Churchill AVRE

Jeeves

I am considering this one a challenge due to all of the resin and PE...and also because it'll be my first try at painting an Alpine figgie....

003~45.jpg

OK-- been busy but here are some progress shots...this was a couple weeks back:
001~46.jpg

003~46.jpg

005~41.jpg

And more current progress:
027~0.jpg

025~1.jpg

Decided to open a hatch and add some ammo boxes and a tarp inside:
026~1.jpg

More to come....

Watching with interest. What do you think of those Inside the Armour parts? Are they worth buying or is the kit part okay?
James

Hey James...

I actually didn't buy them but had won them a couple years ago at the SMA Spring contest. The kit really has no interior...but these are nice...but a bit pricey. I have the radio set...but with nothing else in the interior, it is probably silly to install them.

The wheels look much improved but were a real bear to align. I also have the PE tools set which will add nicely to the stowage. If you want to show off the interior and don't mind shelling out more than you paid for the kit, then these are the way to go...I just don't like doing that myself....

Brokeneagle...they sure are ;)

Well then....been a while...glad I have until January-- been hard getting this far...I didn't have as many troubles with the regular Mk. III...but this AVRE has had me in fits...still need to fix some spots as you'll see here...
001~48.jpg

002~39.jpg

As you can see-- the fit on the tops of the track covers are a bit off...probably my error...its been a bit of a nightmare. I am happy with the turret though....

003~48.jpg

004~41.jpg

Paint and decals done...waiting for the clear coat to cure and then I am onto the weathering and stowage stage....

Need to worn on the dot filters a bit more-- too much emphasis on the reds...not enough on the other colors...will have this done by 1/31 though methinks...just not by tomorrow night ;)

002~41.jpg

OK-- this baby is done...would have loved to add more, but time ran out on me ;)

The decal for the name on this side folded 10 ways to Eden on me so I gave up...
007~39.jpg

When I signed up for this one, I figured the Alpine figure was the challenge for me but it ended up being the AVRE :( Taesung knocked it out of the park with this figure...it is a beauty.
006~42.jpg

Phew...that was a close one ;)

Back