• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Tamiya Corsair

Hi Folks,

Ian, you are too kind my friend :notworthy

Thanks Christian, you are right,the carb looks better in black :) still debating if I will paint the rear of the engine or leave it as it is.

Jeff, No No Thank you :D :D

Thank you Ryan !!

Thanks as always Pup (y) (y)

Hi Tom, I use just regular modeling tools that you would use for plastic.

Hey Mike, Did not want to leave the islands and of course it snowed on us when we got home. Good old Colorado :unsure: :unsure:

Thank you Harv !!

Thanks Terry :)

Big Bob, Glad you are liking it!

Thank you Luiz.

Thank you Mike, Love your Corsair !!

Thanks Warren :)

Small progress...

Working up the controls for the carb.

006_zpsd69dbec0.jpg

019_zps61e433a0.jpg

014_zpse3ac3372.jpg

012_zps966a09e3.jpg

012_zpsea9df0e7.jpg

some ref. pics from Sanders Aircraft Restorations.....

002_zps82cde02b.jpg

003_zps378540d0.jpg

Oil tank is built up from styrene and solder for the pipes

005_zps911807f4.jpg

017_zpsa937f14c.jpg

018_zps6dd67b43.jpg

058_zps3cbbb557.jpg

002_zpsf2e3a0fa.jpg

021_zps4282d55a.jpg

044_zps597b1d9b.jpg

Thanks for looking in !!

Randy

I also have no words....
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

When I was messin' with that Wildcat I notice the Vector engines had correct mounting points to mate with the engine mount. What engine are you going to use Randy, or are you using one?

Great, now I have to find a thesaurus and try and find some new accolades. Everything you do is better and more awesome than the last. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Fantastic work Randy.
James

'Know what you mean, James. I ran-out of superlatives a few posts back - not even going to try any more !!

:notworthy 'Breathtaking attention to detail'... there, found one !!

Ian

AWESTRONOMOUS!!!

Now I'm having to make up words...

Very intricate and beautiful work there Randy.

Tom

Your ability to interpret photos into three dimensional objects is nothing short of flabbergasting, Randy!

randy wow.

every bit that you have shown is mindblowing in accuracy and details.

i think i need to go back to snap tite kits.

joe

Hi Folks,

A big thank you goes out to Christian, Bob, Luiz, James, Ian, Tom, Mike, Terry, Chuck, and Joe :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I do appreciate the time you guys took to look in and comment.

Update time...

Building up the air intakes, then adding throttle linkage to the carb, a tach, hydraulic pump and hoses, electrical wiring.

006_zpsc901c075.jpg

019_zps81ce87e1.jpg

021_zps3242d1c2.jpg

008_zps8a19d3e8.jpg

Not done yet but mocked up to check clearence...

018_zps6cf63891.jpg

036_zps1073f5e0.jpg

013_zps0986cc65.jpg

016_zpsde189fb0.jpg

013_zpscc1223c2.jpg

009_zps99a07788.jpg

026_zps8d3340f5.jpg

040_zpsb4adbad9.jpg

014_zps4086c52c.jpg

033_zps51337b6d.jpg

025_zps5fde3258.jpg

029_zpsb7b36d98.jpg

That is all for now,

Thanks for looking in !!

Randy

Awesome as always Randy ! :woohoo:

I think those are the most realistic cooler cores I have ever seen . What did you use ?

Cheers, Christian B)

:hmmm Just realised how he's doing this:

Step 1 - Buy a real F4U, sneak it home and hide it in the garage.

Step 2 - Buy a 3D printer and do some secret practicing.

Step 3 - Invent 'Shrink Ray'

Step 4 - Strip-down real F4U, copy parts in 3D printer.

Step 5 - Reduce copied parts with 'Shrink Ray', take photos and post them on well-known Internet
modelling site.

Step 6 - Re-attach full size parts and return F4U saying 'Ive changed my mind' or 'It doesn't fit' or some other excuse.

Step 7 - Build much more practical F4U in 1:32 scale using genuine parts shrunk-to-fit....

or, he's simply a supremely talented modeller who will take this in the spirit it's intended, it's one of the two :coolio

Ian

Freakin' Awesome Randy!!!!!

You have this talent for all things mechanical. You must have something in your background relating to machinery. You have an ability to capture the feel of anything to do with mechanics regardless of the subject! Aircraft, cars, whatever.

So impressive!

Bob

Randy.

I agree with all previous comments...just amazing....it looks so real...I am enjoying it so much...my hat off :notworthy

Best!

Luiz

Back