• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hasegawa FW 190 D-9 Jabo

Paulw

While I am waiting for the good St Nick to deliver my He 219 interior pe sets I will be building this...

I also have a set of Eagle Editions decals on their way also.
I started as usual with the pit and since this is new tool I also finished the engine plug that will be seen from the open wheel bays.

I still cant get the ip decals to line up right which leads me to buy the Eduard set for the next Wurger.

Paul, why you using itty bitty pictures?

the IP, cut each dial out and place it on the part. I wouldn't worry to much about the Artificial Horizon sitting over an Air Speed Indicator, once it's closed up you can't see it anyway.

:popcorn

wings on, elevators on, wind screen on and that's about it for the week on this one because I got the decals for the Mustang in today so I can get back to it tomorrow.

Beautiful! Love this kit, I bought rebox of this kit I think its a 04725, great markings inside ... very tempting, but I have toooo many started kits :lol:

:popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

The colors are from Eagle Editions Yellow tailed Doras. I am going with one that has quite the history for II/JG2 yellow 11. From what I have been reading this is a late war defender and the pilot is unknown. From the write up These colors really cant be verified because the only photos were B&W so it is mostly speculation which gives me some license. But I could be wrrrrrrooooonnnnngggggg. Hint to Les.

The colors look washed out because of the lighting here and the undersides of the wing will be RLM 75 and NMF just behind the wheel wells. The Bands will be a challenge because Ill paint it all and the horizontal stripe in the middle. I am learning though and maybe Ill really knock the He 219 outta da park.

Looking good Paul! (y)

The safest thing to do about the colors on this Dora is go with the color callouts from the EagleCal's sheet, EagleCal's Luftwaffe decals are usually well researched but some of their older decal sheets might not have the latest information regarding the paint colors.

Do you know the W.Nr. of the Dora you are building? I might be able to help you with the colors if the EagleCal sheet you are getting is one of the older ones.

For painting the RVD bands I have been using Tamiya tape cut into narrow strips for masking and the Tamiya tape makes this job easy because you can reposition it if needed while doing the outlines of the RVD band.

Matrixone

Thanks Les and I may have changed my mind again about the which plane I intend to do. all because I have a very limited supply of metallics which I will need for a certain F-105.

I tried almost all of the spiral decals only to have them wind up sucking so I tried myt had at masking the spinner. Not too bad and with a little clean up not too many people will tell.

I HATE :evil: spiral decals, never once got them to work, doesn't matter what method I try, abject failure !! - Think I'll go with that option next time I need to do one, Paul, looks pretty good to me.

Ian

Back