• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Eduard Bf-108 Over trees.

Paulw

I started this this past week and let me say that this kit is a pretty darn good kit. So far I have had no real issues with fit, just a little niggle in the wing root area and I have not come across glaring gaps or steps. However, let me sat that this kit is a Profi-pack edition and it does well to utilize the p.e. that comes with the kit in that form. If you are not familiar with over trees they are what is left over from a production run so instead of destroying the all of the overage production they market them as over trees sans instructions, p.e., and decals. Hence, you get a complete set of plastic and you can down load instructions off of the Eduard website.
The plastic has a small pebbly finish and should not render a nice scheme's finish substandard. However, I would recommend some Mr Surfacer and a good buffing to give the proper surface for that high shine or NMF.

All the parts in this particular build have been more than adequate for what I had planned to achieve. Everything fits well and is not complicated so for the first week I got the entire cockpit, and engine done as well as stitching the fuselage together. The sub assemblies can be placed into the fuselage after it is glued together which allows for you to work on the fuselage seams just to get them where they need to be and eliminate gaps or steps. I have used some left over seat belt parts to make up an almost complete set. Air scale instrument decals are used because the panel does have a poorly rendered instrument cluster.

Anyway, here it is in a few shots. I hope you like the progress.

20200819_102910.jpg
20200818_191128.jpg
20200819_185113.jpg
20200821_105037.jpg
20200821_143701.jpg

I really like the concept of the overtrees. I've actually got a couple my self. It's a great way to use up some of those extra decals from the Profi-packs when you have multiple schemes you'd like to do. I've picked them up for a couple MiG-21s and the Mirage.

So far so good Paul!
Looks Good GIF.gif

I have a pile of Bf-109 overtrees. They are mostly to do some conversions and several are to do other markings of one kit that I liked several of the markings.

There are so many overtree kits I want. And this is one of them. The cockpit is looking good.

In all my modeling days I had never heard of Overtrees. That was until my good modeling friend Paul introduced them to me. I guess that is one of the downfalls of living in a cave, you can't hear your friends telling you stuff. :unsure:

Excellent.

I have several overtrees in the stash... after all, you HAVE to do SOMEthing with all those extra decals.

Nicely done, Paul. Here's a picture I took in 1983, I think, at the Madera California airshow. It was owned by a farmer near Fresno that also had a Storch.

I've been digitizing old slides lately, this was a Kodachrome. The airshow was setup so you were always shooting in a backlit situation, very frustrating!

IMGP8183 -1s.jpg

Very nice photo John, that's not the same guy who crashed and was lost at the Spartanburg SC airshow some years ago was it? I think early 2000s.

Great work Paul, very nice and a kit that I have never seen modelled before🤓.
Does anyone else remember this plane from Von Ryan's Express...it was the attacking craft at the very end of the movie when they were trying to get through the tunnels through the Alps and one of these damaged the tracks with a rock explosion above the tunnel?

Great work Paul, very nice and a kit that I have never seen modelled before🤓.
Does anyone else remember this plane from Von Ryan's Express...it was the attacking craft at the very end of the movie when they were trying to get through the tunnels through the Alps and one of these damaged the tracks with a rock explosion above the tunnel?
Yep, even as a kid I thought something just ain't right about that 109. :lol:

Back