• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Trumy Spitfire Mk Vb floater

Paulw

Well I have been working on this kit as I am wanting it to be my first competition piece. I hope I can do it justice and miss all the nuances that cause frustration on such kits. I have really haven't had many problems with this kit but the main concern is the canopy and the rest of the glazing. they are crazed all the way through and polishing it and tons of future don't seem to help much.

002-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

001-6.jpg

Well you got a lot further than i did :) I gave up when i tried to fit the engine cowling's.
Unfortunately i have just had a good look but i cant find the canopy so it looks like i dumped it with the rest of the kit.
Keep us posted :)

Sorry I have the canopy all taped up and ready for paint then I have to do some work on the front screen. I am just lazy at the moment and am holding off until the last moment. I have another one in the mix for the show also. A 48 Tamy Beau Mk VI. well it should be promicing none the least.

Looks like you are off to a good start Paul. Wonder how much slower that Spitfire would be with those floats on it. How hard would it be to squash mold a new canopy?

Cool. Always thought this was a travesty, floats on a Spit, but cool none the less. Nice clean build so far (y) (y) (y)
James

Really is a weird idea since the Spit was designed as an interceptor but interesting none the less.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back