• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Tamiya Mitsubishi Montero!

sharkman

Master at Arms
Well, with a few other trucks being built here, I decided I'd join in.

Got this off Kijiji about a week ago (the Canadians on here will know what I'm talking about) for a good price, and since I have some blue Tamiya spray paint I thought I would dig it out for something different.

I built the chassis, which was cool that it actually has some working suspension. Started on the interior as well and began filling some void spaces. This kit was supposed to have a third row of seats but I decided to leave them out and scrape out and fill the mounts.

IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Little more progress today!

Finished stripping the chrome. The three pieces on the right were very difficult to remove the chrome. while the other pieces came clean after 1-2 baths in Easy Off oven cleaner, these three took about 10!

IMG_4026.JPG

Dash finished

IMG_4027.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

Re-painted chrome parts

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

Wheels

IMG_4031.JPG

Almost finished chassis

IMG_4032.JPG

Test fit of body

IMG_4033.JPG

Thank you gents!

Did a little more over the last few days. Pretty much have the chassis complete and the interior glued to it now.

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4036.JPG

Just prepping the body now for paint. It only had a few small seams that needed clean up. Just gave it a good wash too. I'm going to paint it like the box art with the metallic blue and silver cladding.

IMG_4039.JPG

My biggest issue right now is I'm starting to run out of some supplies (paint, thinner, glue, blades). I'm waiting to see if the local hobby store will open briefly or allow curb side pick up. Might have to order some things online!

Back