• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Scratch build building & Diorama base

Gents,

I certainly realize that it isn't that simple and please excuse my poor attempt at humor. We are about to refinance to build a first-floor bedroom w/ 3 piece bath. The cost is staggering ($90K+) and with the cost of materials skyrocketing... am overwhelmed.

No worries Barney! I understand fully. My wife wanted to remodel the kitchen... until I told her how much it was going to cost; even with me doing the work!

No worries Barney! I understand fully. My wife wanted to remodel the kitchen... until I told her how much it was going to cost; even with me doing the work!
OMG!!!! The Kitchen? I taught with a guy who did that. Cherry Cabinets (Hand made to order by the Amish) just about broke the bank! He wouldn't talk about the appliances!

I remodeled 2 bathrooms in my old house and one in the house we are currently living in. Fortunately, I had an inheitance to pay for the first two...

Yep! I know how that is. We had to remodel our bathroom because were are in a second story condo. The pipes leading to our shower had split, causing water to pool around the base of our toilet and rot out the floor. The only thing keeping us from crashing though the floor to the carport below was a pipe strap holding the drainpipe to two floor joists. After fighting the association to fix the subfloor; our insurance paid for the rest of the remodel. That helped tremendously. I'm trying to see if something similar can help with the kitchen. :hmm:

Wowza! Excellent work!👏I thought the pics were of the real scene you intended to model. I kept scrolling to see the build...lol.

Back