• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Scratch build building & Diorama base

tiking

The material used here are form board through out the entire diorama. The asphalt is represented by fine grade sand paper. The sidewalk is foam board painted with a concrete color mix, I had mixed at my local paint store. I used the same paint mix on the concrete portion of the building then used a damp sponge with a mixture of brown and concrete color to blend the colors together to get the brownish look on the building. The corrugated reddish and grey colors are paper bought from a store in England. The sign was printed on paper from logos I found on the net.

Daaaammn!
Joey whoa.gif

It just looks too real!

Excellent with the natural backdrop ,
Nothing but respect for your realism modeling and painting skills .
wow-gif-6.gif

Love the forced perspective shots. I've been looking for a concrete color in which to paint my next diorama base for. I may be hitting you up for that ......and one of those bottle jacks you've got. lol.

Great work on this.

Daaaammn!
View attachment 138958

It just looks too real!

Thanks
Excellent with the natural backdrop ,
Nothing but respect for your realism modeling and painting skills .
View attachment 138973
My appreciation.
Love the forced perspective shots. I've been looking for a concrete color in which to paint my next diorama base for. I may be hitting you up for that ......and one of those bottle jacks you've got. lol.

Great work on this.
The concrete color is just a mixture I had mixed at the paint store. I looked at some samples they had for painting houses and saw a grey color that I thought came close. So they mixed up the color for me. I used a sponge to paint the foam building ;) BTW, what are bottle jacks? Sorry, that I'm slow to understand.

Thanks Tiking!

Bottle Jacks are like the one that you painted/ weathered the other day.
Sometimes this type of hydraulic jack is referred to as that.

1623865950920.png

Oh man, I agree with everyone here. Wow! I wish I could replicate that in 1/72 scale... with whole buildings!

I'd love to Charles. Two things stop[ping me:

1-I have no room.... literally.
2-I have no idea how to get this kind of quality work done!

I'd love to Charles. Two things stop[ping me:

1-I have no room.... literally.
2-I have no idea how to get this kind of quality work done!

I have literally run out of space. I have only a small corner to store my build models until I can find another area un mt house. So I'm trying to sell some od my stuff.

The materials I used to build the building is simple foarmboard. The outta corrigated panels is actually cardboad i bought from on the net store.

I have also literally run out of space my friend! I know how you feel. My 800+ armor models are all still packed in their tubs because there is noplace on the shelves to put them. My ceiling is so packed with model aircraft that I have no idea where I'm going to hang my Antonov when it is done, not to mention the A-400 and C-54.

Yeah, I'm right there with you Charles!

I have also literally run out of space my friend! I know how you feel. My 800+ armor models are all still packed in their tubs because there is noplace on the shelves to put them. My ceiling is so packed with model aircraft that I have no idea where I'm going to hang my Antonov when it is done, not to mention the A-400 and C-54.

Yeah, I'm right there with you Charles!
Hehe! I think you have a bigger issue than I do. :)
Guys, it is simple1 Build a new building Just For You! :vgood:
Oh, if that was so simple. :)

Agreed Charles! I do certainly have a bigger issue. It's not easy cramming 1590 finished models inside one 10x12-foot room.

Barney, it ain't that simple. I have no place or funds to build a new building! Man, I do wish I had the funds to afford a small warehouse or other small building just to display my models.

Back