• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Aluminum Gator Boat

Gator

Got some much needed time in the studio today. Started scratch building a 1:24 18' aluminum gator boat. Started out with some 1:1 scale jon boat plans and then scaled them down to 1:24 scale and then adjusted the plans to an 18' aluminum boat.

69659bca9add21e954ede4272360c2f1_zpslzdtrbmn.jpg

08DAB0C9-E9CC-4101-80B7-D93317EB1A6E_zpsozvsiwvi.jpg

DD2D9C4E-876D-42AC-A3F2-615F52B8DA9D_zps93d9ccjs.jpg

The rear seat and storage along with the gun lockers have been installed.

6C50352F-A9CA-408A-B74E-1BF863E188D1_zpsjpgzqegs.jpg

James, I have a 1/24 outboard on order. Boats this large can take up to a 115hp tiller steer outboard.

James, I have a 1/24 outboard on order. Boats this large can take up to a 115hp tiller steer outboard.

Chooot'em Kenny Chooot'em! :rotf

That's so cool, nice project Kenny.

I had a bud who had a jon boat, something like a 45hp motor on it. He could pull skiers behind it, small ones, he couldn't get me out of the water. What was fun, it wasn't a tiller but a lever steer, side stick, push forward for right, rear for left. Dangest thing you ever seen. He could get scootin' across the lake and throw that stick to the floor and spin the boat, if he had a rider up front he'd go flying :rotf

His little sister was a great skier, they could actually pass each other almost like a figure 8. He had to duck under the sky rope.

Sorry...just jogged a memory :rotf

:popcorn

Thanks guys. Bob, I had never seen a big horsepower tiller outboard until I started watching Swamp People. Dad's outboards were always 10hp or 15hp. We had an 85hp on our ski boat.

Here is an update from the bench. I got the ribs on the hull bottom. I used angle stock and then filled the ends just like the real things.

D5BEED28-FCE1-4355-AE3A-3A0554CD8EA5_zpswahpwdip.jpg

I also got the top rail glued on. I used styrene rod for it and then filled the gap with putty. And added the bump rail.

FEE6C8FD-37DB-4412-AD4E-5273DDA45359_zpshe15hhow.jpg

Reconfigured the interior lockers and added an oh crap bar for the driver.

8F78399C-765F-44AD-B055-DAEAEDE2144B_zpsuv5xgtju.jpg

Gonna let the putty dry and the glue cure. Somewhere in my computer files, I have a marsh grass paint mask that I will use for the paint scheme. I'll also do some research and get an image of the Louisiana boat registration tag and create a registration number.

Oh My ...... that's looking Purdy fair ...... I figure your very good a trailers also .... looks great Kenny ...... (y)

Thanks for the comments guys. I got the masks cut for the camo that will go on the hull sides. The order they will go on goes from top to bottom, the tree back goes first, then the marsh grass and finally the leaves.

image.jpg1_zpsecutyc0d.jpg

Back