• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/150 scale U-123, Type IXc U-boat

Something different for me, I tried a sub!
This is Academy's 1/150 Type IXb U-boat that was kitted as a motorized pool toy! It was accurate in size and outline, but very basic, had a huge, square keel to house a single electric motor and a huge vinyl prop. The tower was basically blank, and had a large slot at the back for the levers that controlled the action, and holes all over for switches, big rubber gaskets and dive planes like wings!

I wanted a Type IX, to sit beside the 1/144 U-boats by Revell, ICM, and Hobbyboss, but no one else made one, so, 4 weeks later, a ton of .060 sheet plastic, lots of spare aircraft, and ship parts, and lots of Millput and brass wire, this is the result ...
U-123, commanded by Rienhart Hardigen in 1942, as he wreaked havoc down the eastern coast of the U.S. and the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks for looking,
Colin

finished 1.jpg
finished 2.jpg
finished 3.jpg
finished 4.jpg
finished 5.jpg
finished 6.jpg
finished 7.jpg
finished 8.jpg
Tower 1.jpg
Image2.jpg