• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Recent content by Heavens Eagle

  1. Heavens Eagle

    Next on Bench

    Oh my this is coming together quickly! Umm, you might check step #253 again. The box in the upper left shows the ariels in the center of the wing angling to the back at 45° angles instead of standing straight up. The ones at the tips are straight up, and I don't think there are any angled...
  2. Heavens Eagle

    Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

    @paddy Here are a couple of items you might look out for. I have found them quite handy for all kinds of things, but especially for working with odd PE parts. Also to keep from launching small parts, check out my thread on reworking and cleaning up your tweezers. To keep from launching...
  3. Heavens Eagle

    TOOL TIME - Tweezers (Types, Care, and restoring the tips)

    Here are a couple more photos that I have made more recently on various tweezers that I use all the time and that come in handy for working on Photo Etch. Sorry I can't give links for the shears and pliers. I have had them for a while. I "think" I found the pliers at Hobby Lobby in...
  4. Heavens Eagle

    Revell 1/144 HMCS Snowberry

    The decal rivets are a neat idea, but the execution on them is only so-so. (he didn't plan on the pattern very well) I also agree on the port holes. It doesn't hurt to look though as it gives ideas. Execution is what makes the difference, not the adding of stuff.
  5. Heavens Eagle

    just got this....

    Impressive!
  6. Heavens Eagle

    EUROPE@WAR SERIES - WAR IN UKRAINE, The WAGNER GROUP and The Battle for GROZNY

    The grey and blue patterns as well as the digital variations were long before the war started as I was collecting photos and such on the Sukoi 25 and 27 aircraft long before things started.
  7. Heavens Eagle

    EUROPE@WAR SERIES - WAR IN UKRAINE, The WAGNER GROUP and The Battle for GROZNY

    Ah! The books you were talking about on our meet up this weekend. Interesting that the Ukraine aircraft have the blue pattern camo where the Russian aircraft are all dark brown or brown tones.
  8. Heavens Eagle

    1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

    If you look down to the deck below there is a square hole with a smooth circle around it that I am sure mates up with the curve on the end of the part you are looking at.
  9. Heavens Eagle

    American Southwest, Circa 1876, Sioux Warriors vs US 7th Cavalry

    Enjoyed you in the chat Saturday Steve. Keep up the good work on the figures and nevermind the idiots online.
  10. Heavens Eagle

    Greetings from Canada

    Glad you were able to make it to the meet up Chris!
  11. Heavens Eagle

    GOOGLE MEET FOR MODELER'S ALLIANCE? Who is in?

    Oh the joys of having a "War Dept". I had a choice to drive way over to east Tennessee overnight to go to a VW event and swap meet. Decided I didn't want to do a 9 hour drive over and another back tomorrow night.
  12. Heavens Eagle

    1/350 Pre Dreadnought Tsesarevich.

    Oh My Tim! That is some really good PE work on that railing! Watchmaker hands there guy!
  13. Heavens Eagle

    just got this....

    I can feel your pain (I was there once LONG ago) When my "War Dept" passed 24 years ago I dated for a while then came to the conclusion of "why bother"? That was 17 years ago. I had not bought kits in years and a while back I got rid of a bunch of stuff I was never going to build. Since then...
  14. Heavens Eagle

    Compass Rose.

    @paddy The best way to explain it is to plan ahead. As you (and I) are unfamiliar with the subject, do some reference and kit study, then plan how you want to deal with it. I suspect your answer will depend on what you are trying to do. For example, my howitzer is mostly one color, grey (ugh)...
  15. Heavens Eagle

    Next on Bench

    Only thing I have read on this is that it takes a LOT of paint. Be sure to post in process photos so we can follow along.
Back
Top