• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

These Go To Eleven TASK COMPLETE!

These Go To Eleven I KNOW THE PIECES FIT!

Ahhhh, nearly ready to ruuuuumble ! (y) (y) (y)

Looking good Mike .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks all sorts of mean - I like that :good:

Ian.

These Go To Eleven

I know this place is highly populated by Americans, but I have to ask... Guys, why do you have a problem with pronouncing "Aluminium" ??? - enquiring minds need to know :popcornIan.

Y'all's funny way of sayin' stuff is how I learned to spell "aluminum".

Yeah Ian ... It's Al U Min - nium ... :woohoo: ... 1st time I heard it I thought the UK ians had made a new type of Metal ...

Now Back to the elevens .... Excellent paint Mike ... thanks for the explanation on how you got that shine ... Christy needs one like that ... Nice motor work also and the horseshoe is a nice touch ...

These Go To Eleven

Many thanks to all for your kind words, they are much appreciated! The red rail is almost complete, I need to take final photos and I've made some more headway on the Fiat. Stay tuned. :drinks

Will do going to the Plano Ft. Worth Train show Tomorrow But I'll be checking in from time to Time ... :popcorn

These Go To Eleven

Nuh-Uh!! Roun' these parts, we calls it "Loomium". It don't do no rottinin'! See! Furiners!!

These Go To Eleven

That Allison would melt those narrow slicks down to the rims before it got off the line Mike. :facepalm

Tony lee :laugh:

Hey Mike,

Great job on the painting SBS. Really helpful stuff :dude :dude

Nice job on the scratch built tank !!!

Randy

A big thank you to all following along, there's been precious little progress here as modeling time has been scarce. I did make a set of headers for the Fiat and have been slowly getting parts painted. Here's the headers...

Using my handy dandy metal bending tool, I put a bend in some aluminum tubing to match the kit part, I also cut the original tubes off the kit part and filed down the remaining stubs to fit inside my new tubes. Using the kit flange maintains the spacing and angle.

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7597.JPG

As you can see from the last photo, the kit piece is JUNK!

A little primer and some flat black seals the deal.

IMG_7608.JPG

Much more to come, I'm planning to add the last couple parts to the rail later today and take some more photos. Thanks again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWTieCjUhVw

:drinks

Nice job Mike . Maybe we'll see some real ones Saturday
(y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back