• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The return of Luft'46

Yes i know ,

Don't like to build all the internal structural details......cockpit,gunbay and engine yes.
If they make a basic version i would.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

I finished painting the Me P.1101 today.

hc842ee1.JPG

h5f0e927.JPG

h602a6d0.JPG

h4478595.JPG

h048e8e1.JPG

Why the 'scribble' camouflage for the late war nightfighters? My guess is such a camouflage scheme would make it easier to hide the aircraft under tree branches or camouflage netting, pale or dark overall camouflage schemes took a little more effort to hide these aircraft from being detected from the air while mottle or scribble patterns tended to blend in better. The only way to stop the late war aircraft like the Me P.1101 was to get them on the ground, in the air they could simply out run any allied aircraft including the Meteor jet. ;)

Matrixone

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

I finished painting the Me P.1101 today.

hc842ee1.JPG

h5f0e927.JPG

h602a6d0.JPG

h4478595.JPG

h048e8e1.JPG

Why the 'scribble' camouflage for the late war nightfighters? My guess is such a camouflage scheme would make it easier to hide the aircraft under tree branches or camouflage netting, pale or dark overall camouflage schemes took a little more effort to hide these aircraft from being detected from the air while mottle or scribble patterns tended to blend in better. The only way to stop the late war aircraft like the Me P.1101 was to get them on the ground, in the air they could simply out run any allied aircraft including the Meteor jet. ;)

Matrixone

I think perhaps the spray bomb came into existence at that time and the boys were trying them out :rotf

Good work Matrix (y) Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Christian and Luiz!

BTW, the landing gear doors look a bit crooked in the above pictures. This is not a build error they are just stuck on so I could paint the field applied camouflage and have it match later on during final assembly. :)

Matrixone

Here are a couple snaps of the Ho 229 after most of the work with oil paint has been done, the metal heat panels still have a little ways to go before they are finished.

h1b27c0a.JPG

h9b7c91a.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you Ed!

The Ju EF 128 is getting all the small breakable bits put on so I suppose that one will be getting finished first.
Speaking of breakable bits...the radar antenna for the Me P.1101 is being assembled with part of it being scratch built and they are really delicate, if I can finish the model and get my airfield pictures before breaking it I will be lucky.

Matrixone

Thank you Ed!

I kind of wanted to finish these up by today but ran short of time so here are what these models look like right now.

hea09b37.JPG

Ho 229

h2e41c42.JPG

Ju EF 128

h9768678.JPG

Me P.1101

h3c97b83.JPG

Were it not for the Me P.1101 these models would have been finished a day ago...sometimes kits like the Dragon Me P.1101 are a battle right down to the end but I have too much time invested in it to just throw it out. :idonno

The next few days the weather is supposed to be dry so the next time you will see these models they will be at the airfield. :)

Matrixone

After looking at Garry's angry insects I'm thinking some " dead bugs " :rotf

Looking forward to some good pictures (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Those are looking great! That is a great and respectable start to the New Year. I'm looking forward to the airfield pics.

Thanks guys!

It might be a few more days before I can get out to the airfield and get those pictures, the wind is quite strong and from past experience it does not pay to get pictures of the finished models in these conditions because the backdrops act like sails and topple over sometimes falling right on top of the model. :eek:hmy:

I am 99% finished with these models and they will be finished in a few more hours.

Matrixone

Back