• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The return of Luft'46

Much of the painting on the Ho 229 camouflage has been done.

hff2acea.JPG

he6999aa.JPG

I used the salt weathering technique to give the metal heat panels aft of the turbojets some weathering by the paint being blasted off.

hda5641d.JPG

The Me P.1101 has been glossed and will get decals soon...after all the markings are on the model I will do some careful airbrushing and paint around the markings. The nightfighter version of the Me P.1101 was delivered in an overall finish of RLM 76, it was up to the unit commanders to decide if additional camouflage paint colors were needed and this was usually done by the units painters.

h70890cc.JPG

h3841da8.JPG

The Ju EF 128 has had the metal exhaust ring painted on. The model will soon get its decals.

hc50c9d0.JPG

heda009b.JPG

Matrixone

Those are looking great. I wonder; were those heat panels behind the engines painted silver? I always thought that they were metal sheets attached back there and left unpainted. That's the way I did mine. Then again; I hadn't put that much research into this as you have.

Keep going; these are looking great!

Thanks guys!

The metal heat panels aft of the engines on the Ho 229 prototypes were not always painted but on the production version they did get painted even though the paint was rapidly scorched off after a few flights...my guess is the aircraft painters just painted over the panels to avoid any time wasted on masking those off. ;)

Matrixone

Thanks Gator!

The Japanese aircraft models have been getting most of my attention lately but I did get nearly all the decals on the Luft'46 trio.

This Me P.1101 has all its decals on but don't be fooled into thinking the camouflage painting is over with just because the decals are on it...the Me P.1101 production aircraft were delivered to the Luftwaffe in a thin base coat of RLM 76 overall and it was up to the unit Commanders to decide if additional camouflage colors were needed or not and if so the units aircraft painter was given the job with input from the pilots so there was quite a range of camouflage patterns to be seen on these aircraft.

h32a9ca3.JPG

hbf53507.JPG

h987299d.JPG

Here is the Junkers Ju EF 128.

h2166235.JPG

h6cd40b6.JPG

ha4ab2e3.JPG

hd83efb0.JPG

The Ho 229 has many but not all of its decals on, there are some stencil markings that need to be put on the lower surfaces.

h512c9b8.JPG

hf74dc82.JPG

h3f95c7e.JPG

Matrixone

Once again Les (y) (y) (y) excellent work, I feel the same way as you, about these type of Aircraft, if Luft` 46 had of gotten further along who knows what would be. :pilot :pilot :pilot

Back