• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The grim reaper

Thanks Buddho :)
added some Vallejo scenic water to the little waterfall ( i hope it will turn out ok when finnished)
P1070813.JPG

P1070814.JPG

P1070815.JPG

P1070816.JPG

P1070817.JPG

Must try to find material for the vegetation... didn't have anything at home to use :bang head
//Mats

Man you are doing great! This kinda reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode with the Civil Was soldiers marching by the plantation house, they were dead and walking to their final destination- chilling scene

:dude

Thanks Chip! :) i'm trying to create that feeling of death following them on their retreat, just waiting to take them one by one....

Update :woohoo:
Here is the little waterfall, added some more grass
P1070819.JPG

From above
P1070820.JPG

My attempt on making small pinetrees :hmmm please let me know if it looks ok, i'm not sure about the sawdust if it's the right colour, or if it's to much branches on it :blink

First the base
P1070821.JPG

then dipped in thinned down woodglue
P1070822.JPG

The sawdust (some of it is more than 30 years old! from when my brother made he's railway)
P1070823.JPG

The tree sprinkled with sawdust
P1070825.JPG

Trimmed and compared to where it's going in the dio, how does it look?
P1070828.JPG

P1070829.JPG

The dio from another angle
P1070824.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Love it Mats, but one question, can't help to wonder where the water from the waterfall is going?

:geek well MP it's supposed to run into the ditch on the side of the road, must finnish off the grass there and then i can fill it with water :D
//Mats

Hey that's an easy to do pine-tree! (y)

I would give the treetrunk some texture with putty or something like that,so you don't see the twisted wire.

Greetings,Ron.

thanks Ron, i went over the trunk with some woodglue and i'll see how it looks after some paint tomorrow.
It went together pretty easy and with some training it may get better (and maybe bigger trees)
//Mats

Small update 2 small pinetrees done the 3rd almost done, needed some things from the garage, but the door is jammed because of the cold weather :bang head
P1070830.JPG

P1070831.JPG

Hope you like it so far, gonna try with a little bigger tree next :hmmm
:soldier
//Mats

:blush: very long time since an update on this, it's been on hold but today i was trying to make some bigger pine trees, here you see them test fitted on the dio. (they are not finnished yet, need some more texture and highlights)

P1090611.JPG

I'm not so happy about the eyes on the guys but i see if i do something about it, you hardly see it (atleast i don't :coolio )
P1090613.JPG

//Mats

Thanks Bob :) took some pics for a SbS on the pine trees if there is someone interested?
//Mats

If that dude was behind me, I'm pretty sure my eyes would look something like that. Post up the SBS on the trees at Sprue U, please? (y)

Back