• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The grim reaper

Hey Mats, I think your uniform tones will be fine. We know you'd see different tones, they weren't really that uniformed after all, these guys are not on the parade grounds. He's wearing a top hat for pete sakes! Go man go! I think you're on the right track.

Thanks MP :)

Small step every day :) the new guy almost done just need weathering and a head :eek:hmy:

P1050934.jpg

P1050932.jpg

I airbrushed the lifecolor fieldgrey basecoat, it was perfect thickness straight from the can.
Think the lifecolor is a little to thin to brushpaint, takes several layers to cover.
//Mats

BAGGE,

TOPPER ( Th Guy in th top hat) is starting to look Cool !!! Great touch !! It adds to this already Very Cool Dio ! Awesome Idea. It reminds Me of The Funeral processions They have down in ' Naw-Lens (New Orleans, LA)

I'm lookin forward to seeing how this turns out !!

Thanks panzerace, MP no i only use acrylics sometimes oils for the parts made of leather, i have tried oils but not so good at it, drybrushing and washes of thinned down vallejo paint is whats waiting for these guys :)

I really like this idea and your execution, Mats! You make it look very easy!! (y)

It's not so difficult, first time i sculpt something like this, and the painting is not so advanced.

Home after a nice meeting at the local modelclub in Halle, got some more painting done and alot of talking :)

Some pics of the progress, tried painting the eyes but im to shaky for that :( I'm not so happy with how they turned out, but it will do.

P1050940.jpg

P1050939.jpg

P1050938.jpg

P1050937.jpg

I hope the focus will be on the diorama as a whole instead of on small details :D

Greetings Mats

Thanks MP :) found out today, that one of the things in the equipment of the soldiers that carries the wounded guy is a case for a mustardgas protection cloth! grr, don't think they had that later in the war, and some of the other guys have never uniforms.
I will see if i can get it off without making a mess.....

Tonights progress, started with the dirt road and i hope it looks good tomorrow to when it's dry :unsure:

P1050958.jpg

P1050952.jpg

P1050954.jpg

P1050957.jpg

Thanks for all your nice comments :)

thanks guys! The mud is dry soil that i spread over white glue diluted with water.
And of course there will be mud on the boots and legs of the soldiers :)

Back