• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The grim reaper

Planted some grass and worked on the mud a little bit, not much progress but it's something :silly:

P1050961.jpg

P1050962.jpg

P1050963.jpg

the white glue isn't dry yet, that's why you see some white in the grass.
the jerry can will get some nice rust to it to. B)

Looking good Mats, if that's real grass in the real mud, you got a scale lawn mower?? :mpup

I kid....Looks very good!

That's the next project! a lawn mower in 1/35 :)
The tall grass is from an old paintbrush and the low grass is some railroad stuff from Heki (not so easy to work with in small pieces, more if you cover a big spot).

Looking good. This grass is also excellent.
http://www.fredericus-rex.de/shop2010/Green-Line-scenery/Tufts-of-grass/

James

Added the netting to the helmet and painted some equipment, starting to come together :unsure:

P1050982.jpg

P1050983.jpg

Mats

Looking good Mats, but if I may. might want to work on the eyes a little more, especially on the chap with the top hat. The variations on the uniforms are really looking good!

Another "small" update :) yesterday we were attending a modelshow in tienen together with a couple of friends from modelbouwclub Halle, and i managed to get a little bit done on my dio, added the ground cover (dirt) so now it's time for grass and the other things you find in nature :hmmm

P5220162.jpg

Mats

thanks panzerace! didn't work much on this lately, must find inspiration to paint those soldiers :)

Got back working on this one this weekend and i will try to get it done, have been struggling with the painting of the soldiers carrying the wounded guy...seems like it is always something more to paint!
started with the grass on the dio to, used my home built applicator for the static grass.
Just need to wait for the glue to dry now and then clean up the grass thats not stuck.

P1070804.JPG

P1070803.JPG

P1070802.JPG

P1070806.JPG

Mixed 2 different kinds of grass, one short burnt grass and then a green little longer one.
Think i will go over with the airbrush after i'm done to give it some variation.
:soldier feels good to be back on this one, got some good feedback on it at the show this weekend :D
//Mats

MATS ,

:yipee Glad to see you back on this one !!! Home Spun Static applicator .... can you show some Pix of that ? I DIg th way th grass turned out !!

Th figgies are moving right along !!

:erik

Thanks Eric :) the applicator is similar to this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAEmcqc-yIc&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP5A1DBFF403C22322
It works really well but make sure to keep the fingers away from the electric parts!.....it hurts like ....!! :pinch:
//Mats

Work on the grass continue, and i painted the plaster rock surface
P1070807.JPG

P1070808.JPG

P1070809.JPG

P1070810.JPG

P1070811.JPG

more vegetation to come together with the grass, not sure yet how it will look and what i can find to use as bushes and small trees.
//Mats

Back