• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The grim reaper

Bag Man , ........ very , very cool conversion on the Reaper , along with the concept .

You're other figures painted are very well done .
Being a figure painting schlub myself , I'm very impressed with your work .

Cool !!!

here is some progress on the next guy, one of the four thats carrying the wounded soldier.
I like the Masterbox figures but sometimes the fit is not the best, need som tlc :)

P1050908.jpg

P1050909.jpg

P1050910.jpg

just started on the uniform with tamiya field grey thinned down a little bit, now it's time for sleep B)

Mats

working on the uniform, so brutal to see the photos :huh: you think it looks good and take a pic and then on the computer you see "hundreds" of misstakes!
well here is a little progress

P1050915.jpg

And the second soldier for carrying the wounded is going to have some odd hat on instead of the standard helmet, have inspiration from Sven Hassel and the movie wheels of death (döden på larvfötter in swedish),and one of he's characters there, Josef Porta had a high hat on, also found this pic on the net :)

aSeptemberstorm_73_11.jpg

and here is the start of the hat B)

P1050914.jpg

P1050912.jpg

more to come :Hiay

Mats, I think you're right, looks like the brim should be wider and the top should be more narrow.

BTW, what type of helmet does that other bloke have on, don't think I ever seen that before, looks Russian.

excellent.....love the concept and the layout. Nice scratch work on the figures though i agree with MP on the hat.:)

Ian

I think it's a russian helmet they found and they have some fun with it, going to carve off the hat and see if i can save it otherwice i try again

Carved off the sides of the hat so it got the right shape, what you think?

P1050918.jpg

P1050919.jpg

P1050920.jpg

Just need some sanding and some small details.
Mats

BETTER!!!!(y)

By the way;in the BOOKS by Sven Hassel,Porta was a tanksoldier.

Looking forward to the next stage,Mats!

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron :)
yes i know he was a tanker, but he was only inspiration for this (but i don't think i paint this hat yellow with stripes as he had!)

Nice carving! Git'er Done Mats!

Meant to check this out yesterday, I can't see photobucket when I'm at work and I sometimes forget to check back on my favorite threads.

Good job on the correction! having the top thinner make the brim look right.

thanks guy's for the nice comments :)
Have been on a nice weekend at the coast with my girlfriend, visited alot of nice places and today a very nice visit to raversijde, and the atlantikwall museum there.
Included was a also a visit to Domino, a big modelstore :) and i found some figures for the dio (will change the couple in the front that's holding eachother)

josef porta - yeah! way cool dude! love him!

German Deserter: "Where Are you going in such a hurry?"
Porta: "Valhalla!"

this is getting better and better ... keep the updates coming!

here is the new guy in progress, from the set german captives from MB (a very nice set)

P5010134.jpg

Bought the german uniform paint set from lifecolor this weekend, and i ask myself how many different fieldgrey is there to choose from? and wich one is most correct?
I know the uniforms faded and was replaced with ones of other color (different manufacturer) but if you compare vallejo german uniform and tamiya field grey and now lifecolors fieldgrey 1 and 2 there is a huge difference!
I will be using all of these to get a variation in the uniforms i hope it will turn out good :unsure:
Mats

Back