• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-34 and german mortar team

Had some time tonight after birthdayparties and familydinner to work on the crew and dio.
Converted the newly found dragon figure to be the leader of the group.
P1080065.JPG

P1080066.JPG

How he's supposed to look.
P1080068.JPG

New layout.
P1080070.JPG

Carved out the crater, next will be to add height to the area around the tank and crater.
P1080072.JPG

P1080073.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Keep at it Mister... :popcorn

:) Been busy gluing pieces to the base to build up some height, tomorrow i need to cut it to shape and sand it smooth.
Also cut alot of bricks for the Dshk gun dio when i was waiting for the glue to dry :)
Good to have some different things going on at the same time hahaha
//Mats

Here is pics of what has happened since last post.
Made a base for the tank to sit on by small pieces of foam insulation, it will be glued in place when i have the rest of the foam done.
P1080075.JPG

P1080076.JPG

P1080077.JPG

P1080078.JPG

P1080080.JPG

:Hiay
P1080081.JPG

//Mats

Dirt :) will fill up with spackel first and then a sand/dirt mix soaked with diluted whiteglue.
Not sure what spackel i will use yet, i have a synthetic wood spackel that works good and dries fast (but smell like s**t!)
//Mats

The odors...that's why my bench is in the garage!
So you just go out to the garden and get a hand full of dirt and mix it up?

Yes pretty much like that, i sift it so i get all the big things out, and then let it dry.
Then just spread it out on the dio and drip the glue on it (always add some dishsoap to the gluemix, to break the surface tension of the water) then you can build it up as you like.
//Mats

Ok almost 4 months since i worked on this one :blush:
Well i got the turret painted and some more small stuff.
P1090176.JPG

P1090189.JPG

//Mats

Looking good in my eyes,Mats! (y) (y) (y)

Wished had some more benchtime to continue on mine 'Chitz'tank.

Greetings,Ron.

Realize that i'm not going to finnish the sci-fi projekt on time so i concentrate on this instead, don't wanna rush that project just to finnish the campaign.

I started to fill up with sand and white glue/water mix around the tank, this will be covered with a layer of dirt later.

P1090951.JPG

P1090952.JPG

P1090953.JPG

Here is a pic of one of the russian fuel drums i bought at the show in Mol, it's from Panzer art, poland

P1090954.JPG

//Mats

Ok just a little bit more than a year ago i worked on this.... 2 months left on the campaign :bang head :facepalm

Well, i got started on fixing the edges around the dio with balsa wood, after that's done i will continue with filling up with sand/dirt, and then there's some figures to.... :bang head :bang head :bang head

P1140988.JPG

P1140989.JPG

I'm gonna do my best to finnish this dio as i have to much standing unfinnished :pinch: :blush:

//Mats

Back