• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-34 and german mortar team

thanks for all the nice comments, i will get to work on this one as soon as possible, it's been a busy period now, but it starts to come back to normal again (as normal as i can get :D)
//Mats

Here is some pics of the progress, been working on the tracks, they are superglued to the wheels.

P1070995.JPG

P1070996.JPG

P1070997.JPG

Here is the primer on, (i now have the protective green (lifecolour) on to, but no pics yet),
but i think it looks to bright green, so i will probably work more to make it a little darker.

P1080005.JPG

P1080006.JPG

:geek

//Mats

Here is a pic of the hull in the green colour, and the tracks have the basecolour to.
P1080010.JPG

not sure about the green, will work on it some more
//Mats

Don't worry too much about the Russian green,Mats.
Think with some washes and/or filters it will be alright.And there are soooo many shades of Russian green by the way.

What are the toothpicks used for,Mats?

Jeeez,got to start on my entry one of these days! :blink

[of topic,thanks for the Maaseik pictures] (y)

Greetings,Ron.

The green is from the lifecolour set for soviet tanks, it's correct for a newly painted tank but after some time it changed to a darker shade.
Toothpicks? ahh i use them when i paint parts so they stay in place.
//Mats

Mats,
This is a cool concept.
The green - Like Ron said, plenty of playroom with Russian green.

Waiting for the next episode. :popcorn

Mike

Played with some washes, next up is pigments, it's looking better now, not so bright green :D
P1080030.JPG

And here is the first member of the crew for the mortar.
P1080031.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

wheathering continues :D
P1080033.JPG

P1080036.JPG

P1080039.JPG

P1080041.JPG

Using Mig pigments and washes to get a good dusty look B)
//Mats

Thats looking very neat. It that the actual base though Mats? If so its kind of bare up front. Will you have anything else there? Sitting back now to watch this unfold. :popcorn :popcorn

James

Thanks MP and James :)
Not sure yet if i use this base or a smaller one, it will be a pile of rubble infront of the mortar so maybe that will cover the empty area, and a soldier directing the fire from a position outside the mortar pit.
//Mats

Had some time tonight after birthdayparties and familydinner to work on the crew and dio.
Converted the newly found dragon figure to be the leader of the group.
P1080065.JPG

P1080066.JPG

How he's supposed to look.
P1080068.JPG

New layout.
P1080070.JPG

Carved out the crater, next will be to add height to the area around the tank and crater.
P1080072.JPG

P1080073.JPG

:soldier
//Mats

Back