• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shelf Queens - Completed

So, Rained here today. YEAH!!!!!!
That means Bench time.
The rain is removing all the snow.
hb9d0205_2018-11-23.jpg

More snow Sunday.
Anyway on to the bench.
Airfix Su-27 - nothing corrected on this kit, right out of the box.
hd0f6d10.jpg

h09cc354.jpg

h62267cd.jpg

h6ad8e20.jpg

Also had a little time for this.
hde986b0.jpg

hd3ebca6.jpg

h85cb92d.jpg

h4f28fe8.jpg

This is one of the two in the Dragon 2-pack.
The other one is going to be mid-90's green,black,grey.
Thanks for looking in.
Frank

Also had some time over the last four days to work on these.
B-36
hca7d53c.jpg

Cockpit
h6e60c97.jpg

Fusluge walkway
he1109e8.jpg

Jet pods
h128e210.jpg

Rear of jet pds
haf4ed53.jpg

Landing gear
h1e3c5fa.jpg

Props
h29adda8.jpg

Bombbay doors
h22c6f48.jpg

Elevators and Rudder
h6d0b5b4.jpg

Tail walkways
h8ae76c3.jpg

Also got this Airfix IL-28 painted.
h54f2806.jpg

Thanks for looking in
Frank

Great progress on all tjese buils Frank. You might inspire me to get going on some of my shelf queens. (y)

WOW! What remarkable progress! Most impressive, and the quality is stunning! Way to go Man! I hope my efforts on my shelf queens are at least as productive.

Great progress, Frank. By looking at the dates on the photos I was 3 1/4 years from start to finish on my B-36!

Wow Frank! Quite the progress! Congrats on getting these shelf queens to the finish line. I know I have a number of them that I need to work on as well! :drinks

Indeed, amazing progress. You got me motivated to try and move forward on two of my most frustrating shelf queens to date. Pray I finally finish them! :frantic

Full speed ahead Mark.
I only work on them in small doses.
They become a bit of chore after a couple of hours.
Frank

Brilliant job on that Beagle! Amazing metal work. I always thought that was an odd looking aircraft with straight wings and well-swept tail surfaces.

Great job on the B-35. White is always a tough color to keep white.

Thanks Mark.
More on the B-36
h620282c.jpg

h7735bf4.jpg

Added props just to see what it will look like.
h450b9e9.jpg

h12401dc.jpg

Thank you for looking in.
Frank

Well, this is the last work I shot pics of on my Boeing 737 before I finished it up. This is a model that has been on my shelf for going on three years now. It was time I finished it up.

I had gotten the decals on both sides of this 737, and when I tried to fix something, I gripped the fuselage in the wrong place and too hard:

WIP_Boeing_737_XVd.jpg

Fortunately, I was able to fix it. The wrinkling however, is permanent; I had no way to avoid that or fix it so, I just have to live with it:

WIP_Boeing_737_XVe.jpg

I had so many issues with these decals curling, all attempts to get them to lay flat failed. One side of the fuselage looks like someone's burnt face it is so wrinkled. So, since I couldn't get them to lay perfectly, I just continued on with this, clearcoating it with several more gloss coats, then installing the wings and landing gear and gear doors. "Old Burnt Face" is now completed:

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_I.jpg

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_II.jpg

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_III.jpg

You can see the wrinkled decals somewhat in the second pic. This is an excellent five-foot model!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back