• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz 7/1

Sorry I missed this, Andy, it's good stuff indeed!! Can't wait for the next installment! (y)

Off we go again

I really should knuckle down and get this done, so anyway here`s some more in progress shots

:D

IMG_3672.JPG

Hi,Andy
Great stuff,so far....love the highlights on those faces! (y)

Found an interresting discussion on a German site[Modellbau foren] on the colours
used on the breadbags,...maybe you can use Google Translate to......translate. :D
If not so look at the pictures.

[by the way ;I am NOT going to re-paint any breadbags ,I ever did] :gogo .

http://www.modellbauforen.de/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3759bfeb1fcea9ee0f5c2a748a997535;act=ST;f=1;t=21216

Shocking....isn't it.... :blink

And No,I am not telling you to re-paint them. :lol:
Please carry on....[Great build]!!!

Greetings,Ron.

very interesting differences in colours there Ron

I am going on the assumption that if these were out in the field for any amount of time, then they would be sun bleached

Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it :D

I couldn't agree more,mate! (y)

[Really don't like to re-paint every breadbag,I have ever done] :evil: ;)

John,the author claims that modelmanufactors are wrong,

in that way ,that the sandbrown colour is a colour the German troops used in WW 1.

In WW 2 the colour was anything between grey and green but not brown.[the man is a collector].

When you scroll to the underside,you will find a picture of an SS-infantryman,which seems
to have a sand coloured breadbag,though. ;)

I have a few breadbags knocking about, I will have to photo them. With regard to colours, they did differ quite a bit, due to the quality of the cloth used during manufacture and how the dyes reacted to them. Another reason, as Andy pointed out, was sun bleaching, natural weathering etc etc.

Brown breadbags where used by the RAD and other paramilitary units within Germany and only last week I saw a sand coloured bag cut in the Wehrmacht style.

Hi all

Just a few pics to show some titivation (juvenile giggle !) if you remember I posted in the help section re shell colours plus another MA member gave me some super ideas.
The last picture was inspired by lunch :)
Anyway enough waffle,.............

IMG_3695.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3697.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

ANDY,

Cool !! Great Job on th Ammo. How did you like those P.E. magazines ?? Great Job on th Shells & that Plate of Food has Given Me th Munchies !! :dude

:ro: :ro: :drinks

Cheers my man

actually my PE ammo cans are still in the packet* I did some titivation ( more giggles) to the Dragon and Tamiya cans I had in the box of spareness :D

* I dont own a holdy foldy thingyI have a metal ruler and a razor blade,..fine for normal bending but more intricate stuff I`m lost

I take my hat of to you Sir[if I was wearing one].
You managed to get the shells in the magazines....simply amazing!!! (y) (y) (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back