• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sdkfz 7/1

Looking good Andy, time for paint yet?

Hi Bob,.....I have painted it ! :D

The lighting is awful and I gave it a panzer grey really highlighted due to the Russian Summer dust coating
I in turn then going back over it with Vallejo panzer grey to give the impression of crew wearing off the dust and showing the natural colour underneath but,....You cant see it cos the colours are washed out by the lights and my brilliant photography skills ,..NOT ! (y)

I shall endevour to take some better lit pictures so you can see it betterer :)

Fun project though, I do like to mix em up

Terry and Mike Thank you

PS

Heres a picture of a store Krupp Protze that Im using for inspiration :)

krupp_14.jpg

Andy, when I asked that, this was the only picture I saw.
IMG_0609.JPG

Not sure what happened to the others, they look great. Looking forward to seeing how you bring the colors into your mud cakes on the fenders and such.

Cheers Bob,I shall try and go through it if I can regarding the mud and dust and stuff

I wonder if you can see them now, I can ?

Wierdness !

Now stopped modeling and now watching that live footage of the Japan Tsunami :(

Cheers Bob,I shall try and go through it if I can regarding the mud and dust and stuff

I wonder if you can see them now, I can ?

Wierdness !

Now stopped modeling and now watching that live footage of the Japan Tsunami :(

Andy, I think it was a case of my not being patient enough for all the images to load. My bad in short. :D

Andy the 7/1 looks great. I like the dust and mud build up. Right off the Russion Steppe. (y)

B)

You guys were talking about those DS tires above and this would also apply to DS tracks too.
I had read from several folks that you should spray "Auto Primer" on DS stuff to keep the finish paint from popping off.

I did on my M-7 Priest and they painted up real nice I think.

Your build is looking really killer Andy.(y)
Tony lee:)

Back