• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sci-Fi Signup sheet

Rivet counters in Sci-Fi?? They know that the "Fi" is Fiction right?

LOL

Yeah, they base the accuracy on the original studio models made for the movies by the ILM guys.

For example, the Fine Molds kit is the falcon seen in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It has five landing gear legs. The millennium Falcon in Star Wars A New Hope only had four.

:v

I have the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon that was previously started and then given to me

lucky you!!!

muppy tried to talk me into this campaign yesterday and he almost got me ...

almost since my main interest would have been the NCC-1701-C kit (the larger scale kit!) but it's very hard to get here and neither my first choice online shop carries this kit nor my LHS (i have been told they can't even order one!)

over night i thought to myself 'why not the millenium falcon?' and i almost fainted when i looked this kit up my fav online shop!

295,-€ (392,68$!!!) for the 1/72 MF??? no way! never!

second thought - 'why not the 1/144 MF?' ... 67,95€ (90,45$!!!) for that kit! no way! never!

with a tear in my eye i have to bury any idea of entering this Sci-Fi extravaganza but i wish everybody taking part here or over on SMA lots of fun!

Welll I have Enterprise-C, however it may take some talking to get my son Curtis to let me part with it(11 year old Trekkie)

Terry B)

Rivet counters in Sci-Fi?? They know that the "Fi" is Fiction right?

LOL

Yeah, they base the accuracy on the original studio models made for the movies by the ILM guys.

For example, the Fine Molds kit is the falcon seen in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It has five landing gear legs. The millennium Falcon in Star Wars A New Hope only had four.

:v

That is an excellent point- if not mistaken ILM just did the visual effects in Empire, the model building was done by Gerry Anderson's group of Space 1999 fame- have to dig into my library for that just to be sure.

I would like to join with this please -
P1050081.jpg

Bandai 1/144 ECOAS Jegan

Beyond Godzilla movies and Ultra Man, I'm not into Japanese stuff at all- I can't stand Manga nor Anime, and thankfully was just a little to old to get into Transformers!

BUT I would like to try one of these. Put up a thread for this Dave- i want to see its guts- most of these have movable parts right?

Hey guys I have a question. One of the kids dad who I coach in football came up to me last week and asked me if I could build and paint his Caestus RAM for this weekends AdeptiCon. I had to rush to get it finished for him by this past Wed. I did not take any pictures of when he gave it to me or for that matter when I finished it. There was a blurry picture posted on the website. When he returns I can take some pictures I just wanted ask if I could enter it. Most of you guys know that I have not built anything in years so it was fun to do something even if it was a quickie. I think the ribbon is very cool! :)

No start pictures, no progress. Dang Joe, really hate to say no...Start up a thread on in and post the pictures, lets see what this thing looks like.

you got anything you could do, would love to see you build something!

Hey Joe! This campaign lasts until September 30, plenty of time to do another build and claim a ribbon. Get it on! (y)

Back