• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sci-Fi Signup sheet

Hi folks.
I'm in with something Star Wars-ish. Not quite sure yet but I'll find something. Should be good times!

Either that or.....hmmmm. Why not get a bit creative. Maybe a farmer with a horse discovering an alien saucer crashed in his cornfield....or something.

Once I start, I'll post.

Sounds really cool!! I'll put you on the list.

B)

How much previously started is allowed?

I have a 1/2500 Enterprise D where all the major individual components are glued together, but there's a massive amount of "massaging" that is needed, before everything is put together as a final assembly, and then painted.

If thats too much, then I'll see what else I have in the stash. If I dont have anything, then I'll definitely pick something up that will be acceptable at some point in the next few months.

Terry, need your call on this. :snoopy

How much previously started is allowed?

I have a 1/2500 Enterprise D where all the major individual components are glued together, but there's a massive amount of "massaging" that is needed, before everything is put together as a final assembly, and then painted.

If thats too much, then I'll see what else I have in the stash. If I dont have anything, then I'll definitely pick something up that will be acceptable at some point in the next few months.

Doing the Enterprise D will be fine. I didn't put a limit on how done a project might be, but with year's time you might be able to do more than one. In any case I will put you on the list and I look forward to follow your progress.

(y)

Damn, in that amount of time I could do Moon base Alpha in 1/48! Just kidding. Put me on. I'll scratch something small.

Go ahead and do Moon Base Algha then we will see how many know what it is. :laugh:

I'll put you down. (y)

B)

Ok, cool deal.

Yea, I figure I should be able to finish something else along w/ the E-D, but its a good place to start, and motivation to finally get it done.

Good, now let's get you motivated with an Avatar Adam! :mpup

If you need any help uploading one let me know.

Not quite! lol- but what would be cool as all get out would be a model of a deck from the original ship- losta stuff there- Transporter room,corridors, sick bay, engineering, hangar deck.... it could go on. HO or 1/72 scale would kick a$$ for a Enterprise deck.
Not to give you guys any ideas! lol

This would be cool for Alclad- this is the naboo Royal starship from 'Phantom Menace' - I don't know if they make a kit for this- have to look.

Royalstarship.jpg

Cool isnt it?

Here's another, the Royal Yacht from 'Revenge of the Sith'. Fantastic plastic had I think 4 different models of these super sleek and cool space craft, all in resin and pricey! At 6 1/2 inches this thing is $10 an inch!

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/NabooRoyalYachtPage.htm

RoyalYacht-Main.jpg

Stuff like this was made for something like Alclad right?

What I plan to do- A 1/32 scale scratch of the TV series Batcave!

lol- just getting Tim's blood up!

Seriously this in 1/48....it will be about 5 1/2 inches long, full scratch. I may do a full interior, but supporting it from the inside may be an issue, at least the doors will open..

The plans are in about 1/48 so I'll simply use the dimensions from the page because I blow at math.

Shuttle_int.jpg

Shuttle_ext_001.jpg

This sheet came from the technical manual in my pile of sci-fi stuff.

Anyone need a sheet from this ask, I'll post it here. Be good.

Back