• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sci-Fi Signup sheet

:mpup
OK I'm in for a weird Smog/Steampunk/ WW2 scene.
I was originally going to finish my KV2X but now it will be a moonlit nightmare scene involving a Smog hunch back figure and the wreckage of my original Dragon Karl Gerat gun cradle and gun.
I'll call it 'A trick of the light'.

Ian.

May I move my DSV sub here too? My son found it and the questions began all over again!

For those that don't know or remember:

Click on image to see what I showed so far.

Regards,

:mpup
OK I'm in for a weird Smog/Steampunk/ WW2 scene.
I was originally going to finish my KV2X but now it will be a moonlit nightmare scene involving a Smog hunch back figure and the wreckage of my original Dragon Karl Gerat gun cradle and gun.
I'll call it 'A trick of the light'.

Ian.

Freaky man!!! I'll put you down.

B)

I really like this^^^^ I have seen this on the shelves but never built! Go for it. I wish i still had my old blue Thunder kit, that was neat.

Ok I will join with the Orion, if nobody minds.

For those not knowing, what I'm talking about:
1067_rn.jpg

I have it here somewhere - just have to dig it out

I think i know what i'm going to do...No kit. :D

I will post progress shots and see if y'all figure it out.

Might do that rocket also. :mpup

Ok I will join with the Orion, if nobody minds.

For those not knowing, what I'm talking about:
1067_rn.jpg

I have it here somewhere - just have to dig it out

Cool!! You're on the list.

(y)

I have the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon that was previously started and then given to me because it was more than they bargained for.

Fits the theme and the 'okay if started' bit so count me in. :ro:

I have the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon that was previously started and then given to me

lucky you!!!

muppy tried to talk me into this campaign yesterday and he almost got me ...

almost since my main interest would have been the NCC-1701-C kit (the larger scale kit!) but it's very hard to get here and neither my first choice online shop carries this kit nor my LHS (i have been told they can't even order one!)

over night i thought to myself 'why not the millenium falcon?' and i almost fainted when i looked this kit up my fav online shop!

295,-€ (392,68$!!!) for the 1/72 MF??? no way! never!

second thought - 'why not the 1/144 MF?' ... 67,95€ (90,45$!!!) for that kit! no way! never!

with a tear in my eye i have to bury any idea of entering this Sci-Fi extravaganza but i wish everybody taking part here or over on SMA lots of fun!

I have the Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon that was previously started and then given to me because it was more than they bargained for.

Fits the theme and the 'okay if started' bit so count me in. :ro:

I have the terrible 'cut-away' of that ship. May build it some day, but what you have is a grail item- that thing is something else. I would like someone build that thing 'clean', what I mean is don't build it like its a souped up smuggling vehicle, just build it like it's new. Close the panels, smooth the sides. I think that would be an awesome shelf queen.

Here is a challenge I am putting out there-

Some know I'm grinding away at a kitbash in the sci-fi section here- this is the main kit ...

ufo.jpg

Testors 1/48 scale Area 51 UFO ^^^

And here is the latest coherent pic- I'm a bit behind...

kit_bash_58_legs.JPG

I want to see someone else's ideas on this- what would YOU do? I'm near 2/3 done (finally got the landing gear issue fixed) Just think about it.

over night i thought to myself 'why not the millenium falcon?' and i almost fainted when i looked this kit up my fav online shop!

295,-€ (392,68$!!!) for the 1/72 MF??? no way! never!

second thought - 'why not the 1/144 MF?' ... 67,95€ (90,45$!!!) for that kit! no way! never!

Laura,

any and all of the Fine Molds kits have always been out of my reach. I have often looked them up and decided against it due to prices. I want a 1/72 Y Wing so badly but at $50-$70 on average, I don't see it happening.

I fell into this one, I might as well make the best of it. You can't beat free.

I have the terrible 'cut-away' of that ship. May build it some day, but what you have is a grail item- that thing is something else.

With a little love the MPC kit can look really good.

Even this grail item has it's faults, just like rivet counters in armor there are those in the Star Wars model circles that can point out some problems with the Fine Molds kit.

Luckily for me, I don't care.

Here is a challenge I am putting out there-

Some know I'm grinding away at a kitbash in the sci-fi section here- this is the main kit ...

ufo.jpg

Testors 1/48 scale Area 51 UFO ^^^

And here is the latest coherent pic- I'm a bit behind...

kit_bash_58_legs.JPG

I want to see someone else's ideas on this- what would YOU do? I'm near 2/3 done (finally got the landing gear issue fixed) Just think about it.

Looking good Chip! is this your subject, you can start a new thread with it, or I can break this out from this thread, which ever.

Even this grail item has it's faults, just like rivet counters in armor there are those in the Star Wars model circles that can point out some problems with the Fine Molds kit.

Luckily for me, I don't care.

Rivet counters in Sci-Fi?? They know that the "Fi" is Fiction right?

Back