• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

Thanks, guys!

Moon- I've been getting some great tips in various places- instead of nail polish remover, use Mr. Color Leveling thinner. I'll bet Tamiya yellow-cap lacquer thinner deserves a try as well. Apparently even plain rubbing alcohol will do the trick!

Paul, I have been searching for kopecks at every flea market we go to. I had a bunch from my visit to the good old USSR back in 1975. Where they are now- who knows? ;)

Again, much appreciated, my friends!

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Thanks, guys!

Moon- I've been getting some great tips in various places- instead of nail polish remover, use Mr. Color Leveling thinner. I'll bet Tamiya yellow-cap lacquer thinner deserves a try as well. Apparently even plain rubbing alcohol will do the trick!

Paul, I have been searching for kopecks at every flea market we go to. I had a bunch from my visit to the good old USSR back in 1975. Where they are now- who knows? ;)

Again, much appreciated, my friends!

Frankly guys , the original Tamiya thinner will also work . Not quite as fast , as it is not quite as strong . All three work .
I find that the original Tamiya and 600 grit sandpaper work in a matter of seconds . ( may not be fast enough for pup :rotf ) .

Cheers, Christian B)

Great stuff Chuck. Lots of tips and tricks in there. :popcorn

My wife and I were just enjoying the view of Mt. Baker tonight from the wharf in Steveston. :drinks

Again my thanks to all!

SA Dave- try this:

saltpeter-pack-large.jpg

;)

Jeeves- Excellent!

Christian, another tool in the ammo belt- thanks!

Cheers, Luiz!

Dave, whereabouts is Steveston? We're utterly new here.

Chuck, I live a few hours inland in BC but was in Vancouver with my wife for the weekend. Steveston is a historic fishing village in Richmond that's been made all touristy. Some good eating there. :skipper

Shaping up to be a very nice build Chuck! And thanks for the putty refresher!

I miss the view of Mt. Saint Helens and Mt. Reiner when flying into SeaTac! :(

Mike

Fantastic stuff Chuck. Love learning from your updates. Oh and thanks for the out doorsy pic. Makes me wish I was back in Comox again rather than here in the frozen north.
James

Really incredible stuff there! Hey how about some pics of the lady who is the pilot-model (the other model) inspiration?

Thanks, guys! Whew- been a busy few days- which is a good thing!

Thanks, Dave- I'll add that to our "things to do, see and eat" list. ;)

Thanks, Sherman!

You're welcome, Mike! I had a great view of Ranier yesterday on my trip to Redmond. So. Many. Mountains!

Thank you, James!

iambrb, are you talikin' 'bout my wife? You SCOUNDREL, Suh! ;)

You are too kind, Ron- cheers!

What a build!!!!!!!!! :yipee

Ninja level! or be a Cap Level? Well I don't know, but deserves all the compliments that I can think about it.
The step by step build, it's a very well coming knowledge. Just like a classroom. Thanks for have this patience to do this lesson for us. (y)

And what a view from you deck Chuck!

Congrats brother! you deserve! :notworthy

Cheers
Art

Progress! Here's the latest from my bench- enjoy! It may be a while before the next update- I've got another project that will sideline the LanceR for a bit. I'll let you know more about that as soon as I can- cheers!

MiG21_065.jpg

MiG21_066.jpg

MiG21_067.jpg

MiG21_068.jpg

MiG21_069.jpg

MiG21_070.jpg

MiG21_071.jpg

MiG21_072.jpg

MiG21_073.jpg

MiG21_074.jpg

MiG21_075.jpg

MiG21_076.jpg

Andreea_006.jpg

I've never understood how you pin something, transferring the center point is what gets me. I see what you did here, you had the base, drilled hole there. Used the base to find your mark on the fuselage and then mounted the base to the "part" and used the same hole to find where to pin it and drilled through there. Slick!

:notworthy

Back