• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

Ah! Finally the withdrawal symptoms can stop! Relief at least!

Brilliant work Chuck! Amazing detail work and finishing. It's a thrill to see this in production again. Congrats also on getting your workbench sorted and open for business again. I just wish I could get mi8ne that organized and clean again.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks, guys! It's a real relief to be able to get back to it. I've been struggling to revive my mojo since early December when I got the moving pod that had all my tools and the MiG in it (among a ton of other things.) It's a struggle to find our way here, but we're making progress.

Moon: it's a rotary tool, albeit a slow one. Fast enough to polish, not too fast as to overheat milady's delicate fingertips. I'll be chopping off half the swab stick to make the thing more stable- it's a bit "wiggly" with a long stick. Those grooves- I just don't get it...

All youse guys: you're the best!
cheers-
chuk

Andreea_003.jpg

Oh, there was a plane in there too??? :woohoo:

great update Chuk, the exhaust burning looks very realistic!!

You were missed glad your back at the bench ... Nice detail & paint work thank for all the explanations paint is my nemesis ... I have lots to learn ... thanks for posting this My Mig 21 ... will be a better if I can just emulate a master ... (y) :woohoo: :ro: :dude

Thanks, my friends!

Sharkie, I've simply GOT to fix the seam on the engine opening- it's gonna be a bear to match the paint!

Swordsman, You're a damn fine modeler yourself! Many thanks, pal. :)

Side notes: Those grooves in the wing were for a fiber-optic lit version that was never produced. That also explains some odd moldings on the two fuselage bulkheads. There is also a bulkhead to close off the cockpit front included on the clear parts sprue! It's not mentioned in the instructions- a friend pointed that out to me.

Cheers!

We all tend to look at these problems in different ways Chuck. Watching your builds has always been enlightening and broke me out of the box I used to think in. :good:

Eventually my Mig will get built, and your build will streamline it through the problems. I am completely focused on the Arizona now applying Chukw type mods and rework. Haven't figured anything out for a mascot yet though.

Oh, Paul- you flatterer! Many thanks!
Bob, having just moved a fraction of what you have I am more impressed than ever- cheers- and thanks!

Life after a big move throws a lot of surprises at you, along with all of life's regular highs and lows. Just in modeling I've gone through periods of not even looking at the bench, to hours of studying the subject and subsequent squalls of charging ahead and then banging my against the table. It's been about 7 weeks since my last post, so here's a long one for you. Forgive me if I reiterate some basics- my original mission remains to instruct and entertain, and help grow our beloved hobby. Cheers!

MiG21_045.jpg

MiG21_046.jpg

MiG21_047.jpg

MiG21_049.jpg

MiG21_050.jpg

MiG21_051.jpg

MiG21_052.jpg

MiG21_053.jpg

MiG21_054.jpg

MiG21_055.jpg

MiG21_056.jpg

MiG21_057.jpg

MiG21_058.jpg

MiG21_059.jpg

MiG21_060.jpg

MiG21_061.jpg

MiG21_062.jpg

MiG21_063.jpg

MiG21_064.jpg

Andreea_005.jpg

Great stuff Chuck, as always... :notworthy

If one would want to dilute the nail polish remover further, what would you use?

Awesome stuff as always, Chuk. The next Russian plane you build you need to let me know and Ill send you some Kopeks and maybe a copy of the order of Lennin.

Back