• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

Thanks, guys! I've been happily swamped by work- getting my freelance biz back up and running has been a long process. On the other hand, that's meant less bench time! I've been working away at the cockpit when I can swing it. It's a rather small 'pit, but I'm leaving out the ejector seat, so a lot of detail is being added to the rear bulkhead. I've got to leave the right sidewall off until I get the consoles painted (tiny stuff!), then I can glue it up, add the rear right details, then finish painting the lower details. Whew! I've also readied the resin tailpipe bits, and have to paint them before major assembly as well. Now, I've heard something about a greenish color on the actual interior of some of the pipe- can anyone confirm and enlighten this old propster?

I hope to put up a new entry in a week or so- thanks for your patience!

chuk

I wish I could remember the green I used. Something like forest green. Its an anti oxidant type paint. You can see here how I did it if it helps.

DSC00266.JPG

And then the AB liner had Humrol cement added as the exhaust.

can.jpg

Hope that is of some use to you Chuck.
James

Thanks, James! I have some pics that show mostly burnt metal, but with a ring of green around the inside of the very end. That green looks very bright! I'll keep looking. Cheers!

James, you brain- you've answered my questions beyond the shadow of a doubt! I'll sleep easier tonight, my friend- thanks! :coolio

Visit this site, go to upgrades section, and look. It shows the difference between the fighter and fighter bomber variant instrument panels. Which does the kit include?
http://www.mig-21.de/english/technicaldataupgrades.htm

Regards,

Thanks, Saul- Luis took the words right out of my mouth-great ref! The conversion set is for the C model fighter with dual multi-function displays on the IP.

Friends, life has been really busy as of late- but good things are coming. This may be my last update for a couple of months- we'll have to see what happens. In the meantime, Kapitain Andreea is back to show you the latest. Cheers!

MiG21_009.jpg

MiG21_010.jpg

MiG21_011.jpg

MiG21_012.jpg

MiG21_013.jpg

MiG21_014.jpg

MiG21_015.jpg

MiG21_016.jpg

MiG21_017.jpg

MiG21_018.jpg

MiG21_019.jpg

MiG21_020.jpg

MiG21_021.jpg

MiG21_022.jpg

MiG21_023.jpg

MiG21_024.jpg

MiG21_025.jpg

MiG21_026.jpg

Andreea_002.jpg

Excellent quality as always Chuck! (y)

As for the busy-busy, hope it is all good busy-busy and we will be patiently waiting for the next update. :Hiay

Thanks, guys! Don't worry about me- my busy-busy is really good busy-busy! Like I said, good things are comin', and more updates will follow soon enough. In the meantime, it's work, work and work!

Cheers-
chuk

Back