• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

Military Bulldozer

Those are way easy to make, use some solder of the correct diameter, bend it around two nails in a piece of wood to get the right shape, then flatten the ends that attach to the hull. Make some fake welds with putty and you're golden. B) :drinks

Military Bulldozer

I'm quite sure those were just heated steel rods heated and hammered into shape . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Military Bulldozer

Thanks guys, time has been short lately, bunch of stuff to catch up on at work and it's wearing me out. I started work on the dozer blade last night as a break from the tracks. Using the MarkI eyeball I see that this blade does not need to be widened, the photos I got are actually two different dozers. But the blade does have some extra plating on it so I'll do that.

More later :soldier

Military Bulldozer

Sure does Gerry, just for my own reference here are the two shots I'm building from

3-16-2006-15.jpg

3-16-2006-14.jpg

I know this is the same dozer because the unit number on the front of the lift frame and the side of the overhead frame. :soldier

And yes, I'm thinking about building the Jeep to go with it. :coolio

Also fun to note the difference in OD between the Jeep and the dozer. :facepalm

Military Bulldozer

I know Terry, hard to believe those are 60+ years ago.
Anyone who would like to check out the rest of these go here.

http://brittsbytes.com/Korea_1952/index.htm

My Dad was in the 7th ID, 31 Bn HQ as a driver and radio operator. He was there when Edward R. Schowalter, Jr. got the CMOH so that'll give you a time line of when those pictures were taken. He came home early on a hardship release because his Father passed. Ended up his serivce at Fort Jackson as a range NCO. That's why you see the shots of the dozer building up the back stop for the firing range.

Military Bulldozer

Very kewl Bob!! (y) Looking at the pic of the jeep & it appears the jeep's paint is fresh compared to the dozer. Dozer being sun-bleached.

Military Bulldozer

hc1fa04d.jpg

The extra plating on the blade. Yes that gap will get filled at the top. :good:

h895f1d1.jpg

ha85f90e.jpg

Grab handles.

Still haven't found the right size tool box, kit part is smaller than what we see here.

Back