• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

Military Bulldozer

Diggin' yer Papa's Dozer, Dude! I love a model with a historical story behind it. So much the better, if it's personal! :good:

Military Bulldozer

OK then, here!

Here's the PTO (Power Take Off) cable and winch system. I"m kinda wondering how I'm going to thread the cable up in there but we'll see what Mirror has planned.
h8e8973e.jpg

This has not been an easy build, just stickin' with it.

Military Bulldozer

Well the Great White Hunter is back ... joy yet ... but all conveniences are deployed ... that being said and after a 3 page review ... the muffler should be short, oval, have a pipe sticking out of it .... everything else looks very good and yes the dozer blades are very shiny ... more than you have there ... almost chromium ... looking ... I'm sure you'll get the look soon ... if you have to go on a field trip to a construction site ... :woohoo: (y) :woohoo:

Military Bulldozer

Thanks Gerry, the muffler is round, seen it in several shots now and there's no question is round. You're right about it being too tall, that was just the start to see where to go.

Note the head on shot

3-16-2006-14.jpg

Military Bulldozer

Comin' along nicely thar Bob. (y)
Just came across one of my grandmother's cousins named Willard J. Connolly who served as a heavy equipment operator working on airstrips during the Korean war. Wonder if your dad knew him?

Military Bulldozer

Dad was in HQ 7th ID, 31st BN, around Kuwan (think that's the spelling) which is now inside the DMZ summer of '52 till Dec '52. You know where Cousin Willard was?

Military Bulldozer

Dad was in HQ 7th ID, 31st BN, around Kuwan (think that's the spelling) which is now inside the DMZ summer of '52 till Dec '52. You know where Cousin Willard was?

Not yet. I just found his obituary. I'll be looking on Ancestry later on & see what I can find out tho (y) Need to find my login info for Fold3 and look there as well.... :hmmm

Back