• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Military Bulldozer X3

Military Bulldozer

Crawler with Nato Black. think I have thinned my Nato Black just a touch to much..

hc6bcf84.jpg

Nice treadplate PE. Instructions said to install the control levers and stuff then finesse the floor around it, I couldn't see anyway of doing that so I'm leaving the plate floating for right now till I get everything installed. The PE Plate is optional but you have to do some surgery to the kit part to get some plastic on there. I wish they had supplied full PE replacement, itching to do some soldering somewhere.

hebe7c84.jpg

Got the safety covers over the running gear. Nice heavy coil spring (for the track tensioner) comes with the kit but if you use the safety plates no need in using it.

h96749fa.jpg

h77dee37.jpg

:soldier

Military Bulldozer

Very nice Bob :good:

I would say reload the Nato black and do another round :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Military Bulldozer

Starting to look like a Dozer
:soldier
hf6bb8f9.jpg

Tracks

hbbf044e.jpg

Tracks are going together but not well. See how they warp and curve. The alignment pins and holes for the link gear have a good bit of play so they are not exactly consistent. I've learned to apply pressure to the rear of the track while I hit it with the glue but it's not helping much. I checked Friuls but they don't have any.

Military Bulldozer

Looking GOOD ,

:eek:ldguy I would like to get the armored version when it comes out (over here)

Military Bulldozer

I'm thinking the length will straighten out when you install them. If you dirty them up, will anyone be able to tell? :drinks

Military Bulldozer

OK I need suggestions.

3-16-2006-15.jpg

Notice the muffler. Now notice the straight pipe that comes with the kit. How would you scratch build that muffler?

:popcorn

Military Bulldozer

Got any old rocket launchers in 1/48 lying around Maybe with old 1/48 fuel tanks for the top and bottom hemispheres

Military Bulldozer

OK I need suggestions.

3-16-2006-15.jpg

Notice the muffler. Now notice the straight pipe that comes with the kit. How would you scratch build that muffler?

:popcorn

Ok, what does the kit muffler look like? and a size comparison to go with it... I'm thinking a small pill bottle & a pen casing...

Military Bulldozer

Sheet styrene MP .... cut the end pieces (ovals) then laying the sheet over the top cut holes for tailpipe and stick it through .... sand edges to bevel ... or look for a 1/24 muffler from a Car kit ... & modify ... :soldier :soldier :soldier

Back