• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mickey Thompson's Challenger I 1/25 Revell

My Pro Racing ...choice ... Challenger I

Nice start thar Gerry! (y) Iffin' nuthin' else, do aup a couple figgers and do a dio of them working on it... :hmmm

I thought of that .... but I don't have the 1/25's .... I'll check I know they make bikini Girls washing cars ...... :eek:ldguy

I'll try to call Squadron tomorrow and complain ..... :rotf .... No I contacted then today and if I had a sprue # & part # my rep was gonna send me one of the blower sides ..... ain't Squadron great !!! .....

h017e101.JPG

I primered all of these with Skull white all I had in a primer ...... Think I'll order some of that Tamiya rattle can primer ..... soon as my Hobby Shop rent check clears ..... :eek:ldguy

h0e6324c.JPG

and I painted one engine to see if the paint would work now ...... Success .....I'll get brush marks out when I get Home ...... :eek:ldguy

hd868736.JPG

hfb8fe20.JPG

hdfca097.JPG

This is the set-up on the front drive motors ...... This was a very interesting Vehicle .... :eek:ldguy

I've neva had any problems with dealing with Squadron. Orders were always right & shipped w/out delay. Only time I had a problem with them is I had a kit with severely warped wings & when I called them, they quickly replaced the kit & let me have the warped one. :drinks

I also worked on this one some ..... So Here's where it stands now ....

hf704ca1.JPG

h9a5668f.JPG

h20b1205.JPG

All motors attached to firewalls and blocks painted Gun-metal with flat black fire walls & I used Flo-quill

Engine black for the shiny black ........ :eek:ldguy

I also worked on this one some ..... So Here's where it stands now ....

hf704ca1.JPG

h9a5668f.JPG

h20b1205.JPG

All motors attached to firewalls and blocks painted Gun-metal with flat black fire walls & I used Flo-quill

Engine black for the shiny black ........ :eek:ldguy

Nice N shiny... B)

I've tried to post the latest photos today The front set of motors are all hook up Just need alittle plumbing & wiring ..... gonna stop by dollar general on way home & pick up some black spray paint ...... Wait a minute I have some model master Gloss black I'll just use that .... I'm taking photos as I go just no internet at home ..... :eek:ldguy

Ok I was .... posting this .... and after I had all 12 photos put in with circles & arrows it all went away .... :facepalm

h4154263.jpg

h7bcac9c.jpg

h4ddc033.JPG

hda8b003.JPG

Different pics of the motor .....front of blower reads Cragar ................... :eek:ldguy

he34019c.JPG

Header looks bad with no hole in pipe ........ So we'll fix that

h188ee58.JPG

h5d891d3.JPG

Tranny & Differentials put on .................... :soldier

h411131f.JPG

h23a541b.JPG

h5dfb603.JPG

h9dafa0b.JPG

h6a9349d.JPG

Header work ................................... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Luiz ..... glad you like it ..... I did some digging on the net .... I found engine blocks are really Baby Blue ... not gun metal like the destruction say ...... no chrome so If I fix these areas it may look lots better .... More photos .... :eek:ldguy

h2d0a800.JPG

hfb2fedf.JPG

Frame test fit ...... worked Ok except this is the back motor area with the front motor in them .... :facepalm

h1c04e4a.JPG

This is where they go ....... :eek:ldguy

h72e69a5.JPG

Some tanks in that go in the front .... I don't think they are for Gas .... Possibly for Ballast or Hydraulic fluid ? ..... :eek:ldguy

h9d12506.JPG

Gathering the bits for the other two engines ......

hd2eb93f.JPG

hdbee8d5.JPG

hd2eb93f.JPG

Tube frame painted and ready for assy ................ :eek:ldguy

h8cde45f.JPG

Drilled some more exhust holes ................... :eek:ldguy

All righty then ..... going on with this ..... the front two motors don't fit in the frame very well .... so I'm trying a new approach .....

h7f12a67.JPG

hb4afec9.JPG

I'm going to build the back two motors inside the frame ..... so this is where I'm at right today ..... :eek:ldguy

Back