• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late Tiger

I use Aves whenever theres a need to adhere and fill. Anyway of getting a gob of putty in there and then secure it in the right spot until it sets?

That was one option I was thinking of Jeff but opted to go with what I got, mainly because I'm not well versed on the use of Aves or the other products. I'm going with a mechanical fix.

Tube inside a tube inside a tube until you get the right diameter. Remember to breathe.

Here's the fix for the drive sprocket

Drilled through the drive cover and through the hull on both sides. Then slid a styrene tube all the way through, cut flush on both sides. Welded in place and let cure. Then drilled out the hole with slightly smaller drill bit and reamed it it a bit. Nice tight fit and used the old school orange tube glue to secure it.
h20d5a07.jpg

The idler is going to be a bit more tricky, I got to get the tracks in place and then place it in line. :fencing

I did blow one, I boxed it up for a short while Sunday. Just didn't throw it across the room.

Thanks.

:mpup

Idlers are fixed, not to get the other set of Friuls done. :soldier

yeah not more than one, think it looks good as it is though :)

That's something i must do one day, build a tiger! :)

//Mats

Mats there's a lot of sag in there, I got it tighten up over the drive sprocket but if I move it around much teeth will show, and you know if someone's showing teeth, trouble's next! :rotf

As it sits, it looks about right, but I can't tell how much you moved the idler. If the idler is fixed, leave it. If not, remove a link or two, just don't get it too tight. (y)

I bet y'all thought I forgot about this thing. Nope!

First, see what y'all think about this. First two pictures are from the same angle, one with and the other without flash. Which one y'all like?

h59970ab.JPG

hf40f73b.JPG

Got to add the machine gun and that's about all the parts that are left.

h916a82d.JPG

h9002659.JPG

he8d6033.JPG

h12eb46e.JPG

No pigment work at this point, whachall think?

Very nice Bob. Both flash on and off look good. Flash on you see more. As Mike said a bit dirtier to go with the used look and I think you have it aced. Not bad for a flyboy :rotf
James

Looks great! Be easy with the dirt you don't want to coverup all that great detail.

Terry B)

Will do Terry, kinda thinking of a light dusting like you did. I don't want to throw a bunch of mud everywhere.

Back