• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late Tiger

And working on those Friuls Tony. I didn't get any blackenit or other stuff so I figure just paint them like you've done. :soldier

Not real happy with this dry brush result, thoughts?

h5e6f39a.JPG

hd0fb324.JPG

h0e02386.JPG

Going to clean some of it up and try again.

You could always rub a little dark steel pigment on the edges to dilute the brighter dry brushing boss.

Tony lee :)

Dry brushing works way better over a flat coat- but this is looking prett y darned good, Moon!

I think that's my problem, don't know why I forgot this. I was complaining to Terry that it looked scratchy.

Thanks for the tips guys! (y) :soldier

Dear Bob.

it is going well...my suggestion :

- Drybrushing on corners only,and...

-Streaking grime effects on the flat surfaces were you did the drybrushing...

...anyway you are doing a great job!

Best regards!

Luiz.

And Luiz, next time you see it, markings will be on it. :soldier

Thanks for the suggestion Luiz, will do. :drinks

Getting dirty!

I may not have done this streaking correctly after seeing Luiz subtle application.

Enamel on top of acrylic seal coat so I can take it off, that's the point right?!

I attempted some chipping and light rust coming from those chips. Does it look ok?

h46075a0.JPG

h4603b0d.JPG

h78cd738.JPG

h2477d19.JPG

h8b89773.JPG

Thanks for the guidance guys! :good:

Sweet.

Coming along beautifully MP.

I'm certainly no expert on streaking (that doesn't sound right), but in terms of real nitpicking, on the left side of the turret the streaks aren't all perpendicular. Since they are supposed to be runoff, they should travel in the same direction.

Again, that's nitpicking, otherwise the build is very convincing.

Thanks Jeff, I never have been able to make a straight line. Will correct it, thanks and never hesitate on nick pickin' my builds (y)

sumabioth!!!!
:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Cleaned up in the shop today...threw out the polycaps for the idler and drive sprocket :bang head

Not only that, I did not put the polycaps in then drive cover thing where the drive sprocket mates. so both the idler and drive sprockets are very loose on their mounting points and with the weight of the friuls....

Damn Bob that sux.

Maybe you can drill out a bit of evergreen to go in there. That is all I can think of doing.

The idler may not be that big of deal but the drive sprocket. it just flaps all around in that housing. Guess I can fill in and drill out proper size. OR, fill out the shaft. We'll see.

Back