• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Late Tiger

Bob
That Tiger looks great. :good: Sometimes those Fruil tracks can be a pain on getting a good sag. You pulled that off great.

:zen
Good to see you on the dark side MP.

Nicely done, and i was surprised to see you go for metal aftermarket tracks, very daring!

:good:

Ian

Looks very nice Bob. I agree with everyone else ...could use some dirt. (y) Maybe a few chips and scratches.

You know how GI's are . :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm calling this done!

Got some pigments splashed around over a light dusting of Buff.

Nothing really special, hope it's up to snuff.

h6677bc8.JPG

hddcfd5f.JPG

h880734a.JPG

h6254557.JPG

habf5add.JPG

hb2e31e6.JPG

h4f2ccea.JPG

And here's a Tiger with a Panther. Now if i'm not mistaken, the Panter was a Medium tank, Tiger was a Heavy, so why does the Panther look bigger than the Tiger?

he10a0b9.JPG

Hope y'all like it! If I need to add anything or make a change let me know.

I'm calling this done!
And here's a Tiger with a Panther. Now if i'm not mistaken, the Panter was a Medium tank, Tiger was a Heavy, so why does the Panther look bigger than the Tiger?
he10a0b9.JPG

Hi MP - the Tiger 1 was 56T, while the Panther was 43T.
They are physically the same size but the Tiger design was based on thinking from the late 30's and very early 40's - a further development of the classic mk4 super structure approach.
Then they ran into the T34 and had to match it - the Tiger 1 was one answer but slightly dated as it was a quick fix, but the Panther was the next phase of German tank design, based on what they had found in the Russian T34.
Sloped armour for a great starting point that was to replace straight sided thicker steel - hence the Tiger 1 weighing more.
Another aspect by the time of the Panther (1943), was that the King Tiger was already in development, an exstension of the Panther design - this was now the new 'Heavy '(70 T in battle order)and now the new benchmark in weight and size, being considerably larger than the Tiger 1
;the Panther was now only medium in size and weight, however if you were British, American or even Russian in 1943, it was fu*$ing huge and there was nothing medium about it.

Brokeneagle.

Thanks Ian, so it's more like a generational thing, TigerI being an earlier generation. :good:

Thanks!

Guess I need to break out that King Tiger I got in the stash. :soldier

Really great builds Bob! (y) now you got me thinking about building my Tiger 1 for my desert dio board!!

I like your paint finish too (y) (y)

I'm calling this done!
he10a0b9.JPG

Hi MP - the Tiger 1 was 56T, while the Panther was 43T.
They are physically the same size but the Tiger design was based on thinking from the late 30's and very early 40's - a further development of the classic mk4 super structure approach.
Then they ran into the T34 and had to match it - (etcetera)

Brokeneagle.

Thanks Ian! :good: .....this all saves us from another inimitable translation Dutch to English. :rotf

Looking good,Bob! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back