• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 86 E-2

That looks great Christian. (y)

Ian.

Thank Ion . Not an easy bird to build but the colors are great in my eyes' :blink

h8cd4a9c.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi Master it Looks very nice to me. Maybe I missed it inside the thread, but which Version is going to be? It Looks perfect for a Condor Legion Ju-86. Very smooth, looking Forward to the further steps.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Master it Looks very nice to me. Maybe I missed it inside the thread, but which Version is going to be? It Looks perfect for a Condor Legion Ju-86. Very smooth, looking Forward to the further steps.

Cheers

Alex

Hey Alex ! This is a Hungarian bird that Germany sold them . I have found some variations to the paints where they switched from sand to a gray .
I believe they are all colorized from the black and white pictures, so it's hard to tell.

These birds may have been over Spain prior to being transferred .

No idea where they operated :idonno

Cheers, C B)

Hey Christian,

just noticed that the engines here are different than the box art. Is that the old box from the first one that ended up in the trash? I did look back and see that you mentioned the second kit you started had different engines.

Yes Warren . The entire kit is newer than the box you can see . That plastic was just weird .

Those engines are interchangeable since the nacelle comes separate . The other box top donated the cardboard to the jig .
Cheers, C. B)

Painted the lower hull blue today and also knocked a couple of flaps off. We'll know more tomorrow

h77d8946.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Painted the lower hull blue today and also knocked a couple of flaps off. We'll know more tomorr

h77d8946_2020-02-11.jpg

Cheers, Christian

Those separated flap/ailerons are always a pain in the keaster Christian. I did some 1/144 Stukas for MMM several years ago and they were just as bad even though smaller.

You will get it I am sure! Keep plugging away, it is getting there and looking good! (y)

Beautiful paint job Christian! I remember when I built mine decades ago, I just left those separated ailerons off until after all the painting and decaling was done. They were some of the last pieces I added to the plane. Naturally, I broke half of them off when I tried to hang it on the ceiling! LOL! :bang head :idonno

Beautiful paint job Christian! I remember when I built mine decades ago, I just left those separated ailerons off until after all the painting and decaling was done. They were some of the last pieces I added to the plane. Naturally, I broke half of them off when I tried to hang it on the ceiling! LOL! :bang head :idonno

Never had any issues with the ju 87 series but they were built with the gear installed .

I did not feel comfortable placing this one on the gear early on , so that will get installed down the road . Even the real aircraft had a lot of issues with gear collapse .

I wish I had saved the flight control surfaces till last :idonno Oh well !

Cheers, C. B)

So, today I made some repairs . Truly take more than two hands to do this . :facepalm

Here's my fancy solution :rotf

hd57409c.JPG

Still need some touch up in places and I've decided against masking off the crosses . Decals are somewhere between California and here .

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice solution. Just be careful pulling the model off, you don't want the blu-tack to stick hard enough to pull them back off again.

Man, this is looking so impressive! Keep it coming!

Back