• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Another World...The Results!

In Another World...

I think I am with Bob on this one. We all build and we judge our own work, but that is prior to competing. Once
the models are on the table, independent judging is key.

Having said that, whichever way the decision goes, I am fine with it, organiser / majority vote will decide.

Laurence

In Another World...

B) :hmmm sounds like a great idea.
Iagree with the others in that the judges can participate but not enter the competition.

Having said that I am thinking of giving this one a red hot go myself as i think it is a wonderful topic.

Ian.

In Another World...

That looks pretty cool, Terry, could we make it In Another World? Maybe add some armor so it doesn't look to sci-fi exclusive.

Guys, the aim of this was to get everyone building something fun and outside the lines for some. I offered to kick in a gift certificate to the best, most creative build, Moon Pup said he'd match my amount. :mpup
I asked Bob Letterman to do the selection, as he is well respected in the hobby and would be beyond reproach. I'm building to be a part of things, but I'm not going to be eligible for obvious reasons. All the masters are welcome to join in, I would think you feel as I do regarding the prize.
This really doesn't need to be hard, besides, what do you have to lose? Best part about this campaign is that in addition to a cool ribbon for completed builds, you have a chance at some loot. What's not to like? :eek:hyeah
Oh yeah, no penlights allowed either! :rotf
So pull the sticks out and let's get some ideas flowing.
B)

My earlier post explains what everyone needs to know. There will be a panel of members that do not build in this campaign that select what they consider the best and most creative build(s). You may build and exempt yourself from the prizes, but if you're not on the panel, you are eligible if you finish. This isn't a contest in the usual sense, take your best shot at a build you like and follow other members builds, we're going to have a great time!
:drinks
PS. I've been approached by a couple of members about additional prize donations, so stay tuned for more details. :mpup

In Another World...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2uTFF_3MaA
Modern Trafalgar class Royal Navy Yellow Submarine?

h5dd8bb5_2018-12-08.JPG

h2c975f6_2018-12-08.jpg

Do these help fire the necessary inspiration?

I have 2 projects in mind for our campaign. I understand that not everyone will take the time or expense to participate. I Certainly shall!!
:rotf

In Another World...

Ok so it's settled. Judges will be exempt from the prize(s) but they are more than welcome to build.

I'll create a forum for this in the AM. :soldier

In Another World...

I think I have an idea what I am going to do for this. So many choices though!

In Another World...

Just remember, start date is January 1,2019. :eek:ldguy

:yipee

In Another World...

I have a choice of 3 kits that would work for this at this time. (actually more if I went with smaller scales)

In Another World...

I will for sure help judge.

My work schedule has become near to impossible to find time for anything but making some of my female mini me sporting events. That should cool down until April or so.

I have some Black Label kit I just got for fun to do. Not sure if I would get past posting the start up pictures.

Need a magnifying glass emoji :D

In Another World...

Sounds to good to pass on!! haven't donne any campaigns in a long time but this sounds fun :)
Greetings Mats

In Another World...

I love what ifs. I always thought the new Colonial Viper would look great in the USN Sundowners' livery.

This guy has no neat ideas...

In Another World...

Ooh ooh ooh mister carter, I have a couple of ideas!
One involves a Me 262
And the other an SR 71

In Another World...

I have a De Havilland Hornet and I guess I could paint it "Green".

In Another World...

I saw a short video today of a new Sikorsky helicopter. Looks more like a Russian design. (Yeah I know, Sikorsky/Russian) :facepalm

hc2b478e.jpg

h721480c.jpg

And then the really fun mods come in.

habfcd92.jpg

Back